2004 VP Reporting

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Aussie Gaz

Post by Aussie Gaz » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:23 pm

Donut

I believe that the rating page should only list 5 kills per game as per the ratings rules.

If at some future date we decide to change the ratings values for a win or a rip etc. it will be easier that way.

Can you also get the ratings info from my page for my group 04 to update your page?

Thanks.

Gm Gaz

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:11 pm

I do want to say that I am a BIG fan of the H>L OOP option, it made the game go a lot quicker and that is not a bad thing. I am going to start using that option in my games in the future, I think. Thanks for running a great game, Gaz! 8)
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:52 pm

GM_Validon's Group 1 is over!

The winners are Raw of The Scholars and Saladin of TKG with 1 VP going to each.

Congats to all for a good game.

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun May 02, 2004 11:46 am

GM Chris 01 has finished!

Raw and Xarfei share the game, 1 VP each and 2 to the Scholars.

Good game, all. Very few missed turns and almost always some people fighting. It was fun to run and hopefully fun to play.

GM Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Tue May 11, 2004 12:54 am

GM Takers Group 12 is over. A short (11 turns) game with battles nearly every turn.

1.5 VP's to each Nemesis and Thin King, 3 VP's for the First Family. :D

This game was rated, feel free to double check them and make sure they're correct.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Wed May 12, 2004 8:48 pm

GM Nick's Group 35 is also finished, and it was another short one- only 12 turns. 1.5 VPs each to to Thin King and Allister Fiend, and 3 VPs to TFF. Congratulations to them- I don't think there was a single turn of peace the entire game. I think, overall, the increase in power of upgraded units and the de-emphasis on leveling has helped WOK 5 games become much shorter in general, a good thing for all involved.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Thu May 13, 2004 12:43 am

Hmmm.... Does TFF know something the rest of us don't. 6 VP's in less than a week. Congrats guys. The HiScore, and ratings pages should be updated as soon as Taker gives me the ok on his ratings changes.

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Thu May 13, 2004 12:52 am

TFF knows how to get veteran players to join them, that's what they know. Their beginner training is pretty much non-existant, but then, one can't have everything in a clan. 8)

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Thu May 13, 2004 2:27 am

Dameon wrote:Their beginner training is pretty much non-existant
I guess I was under the impresson that's what VO was for. :lol:

Just joking Dameon, thanks again for a great game.

See ya all soon enough! 8)

Allister
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Thu May 13, 2004 2:52 am

Donut wrote: The HiScore, and ratings pages should be updated as soon as Taker gives me the ok on his ratings changes.

Donut
:?: Am I missing something?
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Thu May 13, 2004 4:19 am

I sent you an e-mail earlier today making sure your ratings changes were final. So.... are they?

Donut

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Thu May 13, 2004 6:55 am

Allister Fiend wrote: I guess I was under the impresson that's what VO was for. :lol:

Allister
Sure, we do that, get some VPs from the beginners, and then they all leave to form their own clans. It's for the greater good I guess, but I sure would like to win one Clan Champs title just for the record books. It looks like if things continue this way that VO may have it's chance to do that by beating down TFF in August- but it's early yet, we shall see. 8)

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Thu May 13, 2004 9:10 am

Right ok, I'm not sure who the current clan pages gatekeeper is so I will post this here and hope he will see. Square of 144 homepage has changed along with my email address as due to an huge influx in spam.

New SoO homepage http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/homeireland
X-Wing new email address x-wing@tiscali.co.uk

I will be checking the old email address for a while but changes your links. I will be emailing anyone relevant now anyway

X-Wing

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Thu May 13, 2004 9:44 am

Donut wrote:I sent you an e-mail earlier today making sure your ratings changes were final. So.... are they?

Donut

I dont think they are quite right, e.g. I think me and Nemesis should be on the same rating change.

Let me ask a question though - do all RIPs count, or just the first 5?

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu May 13, 2004 11:18 am

Since you arent good enough to RIP anyone TK, why should you care?
First one here, last one to leave.

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Thu May 13, 2004 11:58 am

Gone wrote: I dont think they are quite right, e.g. I think me and Nemesis should be on the same rating change.

Let me ask a question though - do all RIPs count, or just the first 5?
You finished first (score), so you get a higher bonus. The other question though, I don't know.

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu May 13, 2004 12:50 pm

Undertaker wrote: You finished first (score), so you get a higher bonus. The other question though, I don't know.
Umm, no. If two players share a game, they count as coming joint first and share the ratings points for 1st and 2nd place. The same thing happens if multiple people get RIPed on the same turn, etc.

As for the 5 RIPs thingy. The original page said that only the first 5 would count, Donut's makes no mention of it, but he seems to have only been counting the first 5 towards the ratings page so far...

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Thu May 13, 2004 1:45 pm

If 2 players share a position in a game (RIP on same turn or Share the game) the rating changes for both positions, in this case 1st and 2nd, are added and then split between the two evenly ((.120+.090)/2=.105) Then the RIP bonuses can be added.

As for the RIP bonuses, only the first 5 eliminations count toward the rating change. So.... the first 5 RIPs; the first 4 RIPs and a QUIT; first 5 QUITs; etc. It seemed to be general concensus that only the 5 RIPs in a game would be displayed on the Ratings Page.

X-Wing: I maintain all scoring pages. I'll make the changes as soon as I sort out these ratings.

Donut

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Thu May 13, 2004 2:03 pm

If we're rating play, then why isn't every RIP rated. All or none guys.

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Thu May 13, 2004 2:09 pm

Duke wrote:Since you arent good enough to RIP anyone TK, why should you care?

I knew it! Duke is going mad. First he joined VO, which made me wonder, and now he confirms it. :wink:

In my last two games I RIP'd Egbert, GraveMaker, Lardmaster, Temujin and Raw. [ "Scholars" 0 - TK 2 :wink: ]

I also helped to damage Validon, Griffon, Trewqh, and Skarn on the side. Not bad for a total of 23 turns. 8)

Why not grab yourself an ally for Gaz's game Duke? You are gonna need one!! :twisted: