Next Open List?

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Which type of game would you like to see me run next?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 22, 2002 8:28 pm

Beginner WOK 4
5%
Advanced WOK 4
29%
Regular WOK 5
33%
WOK 5 X-Game
33%

Total votes: 21

Dameon

Next Open List?

Post by Dameon » Sun Sep 15, 2002 8:28 pm

Since we do have a beginner WOK 4 game opening as well as advanced games for both WOK 4 and WOK 5, that leaves the field open for the next type of game the community would like to see. IF you are interested in joining another game soon, please choose the type above that you would like to most see open.
Last edited by Dameon on Sun Sep 15, 2002 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:01 am

Well there is no real urgent demand for any one list, so I figured this was the best way to do it. I'm going to let this poll run for a week, and then whichever has the most votes at the end of that week, I'll probably run. Oh BTW if you choose X-Game and you have any specific rule adjustments or themes in mind let me know- I have a few in mind myself but I am always open to input from my players.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Goat Herder
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Goat Herder » Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:52 am

What would be really interesting is to see a WOK5 game open up with every player having a starting NAP with every other player (ie. the top level NAP). In fact, I think it could be the norm. It would certainly change the importance of the OoP in the first few turns.

Not that I'm volunteering to play a WOK5 game as I'm pretty busy with one at the moment --- although I'll probably be free in about 2 or 3 turns time.
(I think the clan leagues war should have started out like that - don't you agree, Calidus & Underdog?)
Live long and prosper ---- but don't let the Taxation Department know.

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:59 am

Good Idea GH, that would be a fun game to play in. ( note i figured out how to change between GM Dom and SmashFace so now i can distinguish myself as to what i'm commenting on, sorry i sound dumb.. but hey..i'm proud of me)

Mac
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Mac » Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:25 pm

I had an idea there about a game in Kaomaris called "Fog of War". Fog of War is an option in the game of Risk where the only provinces you can see are the ones near you. My idea for kaomaris is slightly different. I was thinking about a completely blind game. A player is given a map which is completely white. They can see every province number, but they do not know who owns what province or what kind of province that is. I.e. they have no idea where the cities are or other players whereabouts. The only provinces the players definitely know are their own or their Clan mates' provinces. Although depending on whatever the GM wants, they may be able to see the provinces next to their own provinces.

Of course this means the GM must colour 10 different maps, so it will be a huge undertaking. It is only an idea, but maybe you could adapt it Dameon?
You last visited on Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:22 am
The time now is Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:19 am

It has been a while!

Count Henri
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Count Henri » Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:52 pm

Hmmm how about a WOK4 X-Game where all provinces start on +MIS...

Call it DeathWorld...

:pure evil:
"He who has relied least on fortune is established the strongest."
-The Prince by Machiavelli

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:33 pm

When it comes to X-Games I am going to stick with WOK 5. The manager is just so much more flexible and easy to use, and lends itself to manipulation quite nicely. Also WOK 5 by its nature is more complex than WOK 4, and has so many more things to potentially change that it is easier to modify and work off of.

Aussie Gaz

Post by Aussie Gaz » Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:44 pm

Mac

GM Vasco ran a WOK 4 blind game where every province was white and it was up to each player to colour his own map in.

He also threw in a few provinces with massive POP to spice the game up even further.

Goat Herder
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Goat Herder » Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:45 pm

I played in one of Vasco's where every player-owned province was coloured grey and the neutrals left white. It worked really well. It forced you to talk to allies more, and double guess where people were situated and who took each province as you notice provinces turn from white to grey on successive maps.

It was good fun, and well run.

Aussie Gaz

Post by Aussie Gaz » Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:26 am

GH

Have I got it messed up about that game of Vasco's. ( it was his group 5 and we were both in it).

:?:

ps UNE is pretty spread out but a nice looking campus. Note bad for a town/city of only 22,000.

Goat Herder
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Goat Herder » Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:34 am

Vasco had two XGames with different types of mapping. I can't remember which was which, but I know I went pretty well in the greyed one, along with Lord fredo and against Egbert & Lardmaster & Massie, while the other one I bowed out earlier, and that had Egbert & Massie again, & CH I think.

Both were good ideas if I remember.

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:20 pm

I say you have a game where it's everyone against Count Henri :twisted:

I can't wait to start Ben's 5 game. I've (Ben :) ) been waiting quite a while for this to happen.

Never know maybe we will team up and win the game too :roll:

AF
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Count Henri
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Count Henri » Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:59 am

Allister Fiend wrote:I say you have a game where it's everyone against Count Henri :twisted:
Not fair - I'd outnumber you 1 to 9...

:pure evil:
"He who has relied least on fortune is established the strongest."
-The Prince by Machiavelli

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:53 am

Not fair - I'd outnumber you 1 to 9...
:beatnik: :(

:beatnik: :)

:beatnik: :D

:beatnik: :lol:

:?:
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:58 pm

That post is from me.

For some reason it never keeps me logged in. :huh:

:smokingdevil: :skull: :smokingdevil: :skull: :smokingdevil: :skull: :smokingdevil: :smokingdevil:

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

bit late

Post by Lowebb » Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:46 pm

Undertaker, you obviously werent following Fredo's game about 6 months to a year ago were you?

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Re: bit late

Post by Ecrivian » Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:36 pm

Lowebb wrote:Undertaker, you obviously werent following Fredo's game about 6 months to a year ago were you?
Well said, you know the game where i got my butt kicked by an "Active" Neutral, however I worked w/TBert & Dameon along w/Goat Herder and we took out some competition rather easily! ;)
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.