Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Hello?

Post by Funtastick » Mon May 05, 2003 3:43 am

Greets all,

I haven't been on the boards much lately, but I got something in my e-mail box a few days ago which really confused me.

I recieved a set of orders from shanin. I won't post the orders themselves, but I will show the top part:

Your_GM = Funtastick86@hotmail.com
Group_Number = Group#28
Turn_Number = Turn#01
Player_Number = Player#01
Name = shahin

Now, for one I have no clue who shanin is. I also do not have a group 28 nor do I have them in any of my groups. I also checked kaobase and there isn't a single group 28, open or running, at this point. Maybe they just messed up, but they got the wrong GM, Group Number and perhaps the other two as well. They were also unable to add up their total orders correctly, missed by a long shot.

Please respond if you have any info on this new character, as I am way more than a little confused on this whole matter. If snanin is in someone's groups and they want me to forward the orders, e-mail me about it please.

~Funtastick
~GM Andy

Goat Herder
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Goat Herder » Mon May 05, 2003 4:59 am

Sounds like somebody has saved "skeleton" text file for use with their Email orders - where they have saved the text file with a few of the header fields filled. I do the same thing --- in fact, I also have a similar skeleton file with "Group_Number = Group#28" in the header, but I don't think it's mine. I have checked my recent mails, to Smashface & to Nick, and they are fine.

Assuming that the person has actually played in a game #28, then you should look at players from Nick's #28 Grazada: myself, Baron Roland, Aussie Gaz, XWing, Nestalawe, Nemesis, Thin King, Bryk, Mylantis, Undertaker.
Live long and prosper ---- but don't let the Taxation Department know.

Goat Herder
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Goat Herder » Mon May 05, 2003 5:08 am

... and it might be handy to return-to-sender, or at least check the address of the sender to see if it gives you any ideas.

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Mon May 05, 2003 5:10 am

Return address is:

selliin@host1.dnspathing.com

Was sent through the AOF sender as it was CC'ed to the database. Any other ideas?

Goat Herder
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Goat Herder » Mon May 05, 2003 5:35 am

The name doesn't sound familiar to me.

Perhaps it's a visitor that has stumbled into the AOF site and sent something off (you are the first GM on the AOF list, aren't you? so you would be the most likely recipient of such messages).

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Mon May 05, 2003 5:39 am

I think Al and Adam are above me

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon May 05, 2003 5:31 pm

Well, being the only GM to have run a grp 28, I can assure you that I am not familiar with this shanin and that nobody's orders went astray over the course of that game (Grazada), as far as I can recall. So no help here I am afraid.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."