Surrender in the Clan Champs

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Brykovian

Surrender in the Clan Champs

Post by Brykovian » Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:06 pm

Congratulations are due to the Brotherhood of Vayuna, who successfully (and impressively) defended their title as Clan Champs. Nice work, Lord Fredo and crew -- we've officially been trounced.

A big "thanks" to GM Pat for running a nice, clean game -- as usual!

-Brykovian
Scholars ClanHead (for now ;) )
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:59 am

Good game all, and thanks GM Pat!

Cheers,
Raw
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Brykovian

Re: Surrender in the Clan Champs

Post by Brykovian » Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:40 am

Baron Roland wrote:Who needs context anyway?
What I meant was ... "GM Pat has filled his game page with hateful lies and evil untruths. From the most recent turn reports, I can assure you that the Brotherhood is currently being demolished, and the Scholars should prove victorious this very night ... or one night very much like this one in the near future." {this message brought to you by the Scholar Ministry of Information}

-Bryk ;) 8)
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:49 pm

Congrats, Brotherhood.

May we meet again soon. :sniper:
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:56 pm

Congrats to the Brotherhood! The Circle will do their best to see that you don't make it back to the Clan Champs for this scoring period. :roll:

Anyway, as I read the clan rules, the BoV will get 5 VPs in Clan Kaohalla for this victory. A note will also be added to the Clan League page to acknowledge their defense of the Title. I should be able to update the clan page sometime this weekend.
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:10 am

Like the Champs....I think that the champion from the previous term should be in the championship automatically the next round....not that I don't think we will make it again, but again...just my thoughts.

Cheers,
Raw :)
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:29 am

Nah where'd the fun be in that? Plus, while individuals don't often change a great deal in play level over a year (not once you are at Champ level), clans may change membership and become weaker (or stronger) as a result. The system works well as it stands now, I think.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:31 am

I am not sure what to think about this one actually. With the new shorter scoring periods for clan champs it is even harder to remain "on top" compared to the individual champs, but oh well. On the other hand the individual champ has to compete against 9 competitors in the actual game as opposed to only one.

I think that the current system is ok but I do think that the scoring period for the clan champs should be the same full year tenure as for the individual champs.

In any case we are still the undefeated champions of the WORLD, yeah baby! Suck it up people! :) Thanks to the Scholars for a good game now the hunt is on for your top score in clan Kaohalla. :D

*Lord Fredo turns around hunch backed sporting a shiny robe as opposed to his normal cloak and walks away shadow boxing mubling to himself "... dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee"*