Vacation

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Dameon

Vacation

Post by Dameon » Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:45 am

OK all,

I will be leaving on my vacation tomorrow morning and be gone for about a week. I have already informed the players in the Champs as well as GM Paul about this and worked out the necessary details with them. Tenaria, if I don't get two more people to sign up before I leave in the morning, will see its initial turn run a week from today, assuming I get two more people that are interested in the interim. I am posting this here so if anybody does email me over the next week, don't be surprised if I don't answer- I'm not ignoring you, I'm just enjoying spring break. 8)

Don't do anything I wouldn't do while I'm gone eh? :roll:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:02 pm

OK folks I am back, thanks for bearing with me. Vacation was very relaxing, but now that I've returned I'm ready to WOK! I will get the Champs going again tonight. As for Tenaria, I have gone over my mail and only see one more request to join, so there is STILL one spot open! Don't miss your chance to play in this GM Nick (tm) X-Game! :king:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:44 pm

:shock:
What is the problem here people? Sign up for crying out loud! We had to fight within the clan for our two spots.

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:13 pm

We discussed this game around the Circle of Nine campfire. The general opinion is that this looks to be a long game and none of us wish to commit what could be six months to this game. That doesn't mean one of us won't join. This looks like a "Sleepers Dream" set up and Nemesis, our champion sleeper, was not part of the discussion.

I will certainly be following it, just to see how it plays out. I applaud Nick for his creative efforts. For me, it just has too many special rules. It still takes me over an hour to put together a set of orders for WOK5 and I still make mistakes. I'll just watch.
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:20 pm

Bjorn wrote:This looks like a "Sleepers Dream" set up and Nemesis, our champion sleeper, was not part of the discussion.
Well, then, wake him up! :smash:
Bjorn wrote:I applaud Nick for his creative efforts.
Ditto.

As I said in another thread, the time that would have to be put into a WOK 5 X-Game just isn't worth it to me, where I could possibly win only 0.5 VPs less by playing a WOK4 game which only takes about one-twentieth of the time.
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:14 pm

Actually Nestalawe was the player that just signed up so we have at least one CoN rep here. TKG is the only full clan so far, with an impressive three mercs signed up in addition to one Thug and one TFF. And yes, this game has the potential be long, and no, it's not for people who place more value on VPs than on heavily strategic/time consuming gameplay. To me creating a functional X-Game is a work of art and I do it to provide fun and variety for players- the VPs are just window dressing. Otherwise I'd never include completely creative aspects like the writing I'm hoping to incorporate into this one.

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:33 am

I think that you are getting overzealous again. I wish you all luck, but I wont play in one of nicks games with this many "special" rules. Been burned before, and don't want to waste my time again.

-Calidus

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Apr 03, 2003 5:48 am

How can you get burned if the rules are clearly stated from the start as in this game? If he made them up as he goes then I could understand.

This is a tad over the top Nick:
To me creating a functional X-Game is a work of art
:wink:

Another funny thing. When reading Bjorns post about the champion sleeper Nemesis (funny btw) I planned on writing a post about his siamesic twin Nestalawe only to find out later down in the thread that Nesta already signed up 8)

And Egbert, we are not in this to win VP's. They are not of any use in the real world. You cannot attached a diploma of WOK Champion 2002 to a resume when you apply for a job. (Unless it is at Siemens andthe boss is Al) :wink:

Nestalawe
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Nestalawe » Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:46 am

'Siamesic Twin' - nice.

Man, the number of times GM's have got our names mixed up, sheesh...

Or are you saying I am a sleeper? Heh hah, if only more of us knew my tactics (including myself).
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal.
All this pain is an illusion.

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:48 am

Duke wrote:And Egbert, we are not in this to win VP's. They are not of any use in the real world.
:shock:

You mean we can't turn these in for valuable prizes?

:bigcry:
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Thu Apr 03, 2003 1:03 pm

Calidus wrote:I think that you are getting overzealous again. I wish you all luck, but I wont play in one of nicks games with this many "special" rules. Been burned before, and don't want to waste my time again.
Duke, Calidus is talking about Other Side, the X-Game that I ran that collapsed under its own weight about halfway through the game because it simply was too complicated. As GM I had to do too many manual changes to the turn reports and the manager each round. Ever since then all X-Games I have created have been with that in mind, and believe it or not Tenaria turns are not going to take any longer to turn than say, Survivor turns. So it's not really an issue. I know y'all thought I was the perfect GM but even I make mistakes- and I learn from them. And Calidus, if there was an emoticon for beating a dead horse, I'd certainly use it here. :sick:

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:05 am

See how much of a pain in the ass it is for someone to constantly beyotch and complain about the same topic? (kinda like listening to you about, oh, luck, wok4, and just about everything else you like to complain about.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:59 pm

Feel free to point out the last topic on the boards where I did that Calidus. Go ahead, no real rush. :sleeping:

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:10 pm

Yes Calidus you do go on about that dead horse as Dameon puts it, but Dameon it is quite absurd of you to claim that you dont beyotch about the luck and wok4 thingy

Strider
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Strider » Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:15 pm

Lowebb, you just want to pick fights these days, don't you? Relax, dude. :smokingdevil:
Never laugh at live dragons...

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:26 pm

OK Lowebb show me where. I haven't even talked about WOK 4 or luck in at least the past year, not since I stopped playing it. Calidus is still on this subject a year after the game ended......he needs to find a new hobby. BTW, Calidus, how long did that China game of yours take again?

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:29 pm

Dameon wrote:OK Lowebb show me where. I haven't even talked about WOK 4 or luck in at least the past year, not since I stopped playing it.
Errmm, the Gateway game?

:oops:

TK

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:09 am

I must point out there is a HUGE difference between not playing in WOK 4 games and going out on a full diatribe as I have done in the past. If you seriously consider my refusing to enter WOK 4 games a state of complaining and bringing up the luck issue again, then TK, you have a very different view than I.

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:32 am

Dameon wrote:BTW, Calidus, how long did that China game of yours take again?
Well, otherside has been dropped by you for now over a year as you say, and it STILL isnt finished. China has. In the time that it was running, I also had to move and found a much better job. Not to mention that several players had asked for extended delays due to the holidays. But, you wouldn't know about that, because it was really no of your dangnabbit business.
If I still lived at home with mom and dad, I am sure I would have time for nothing but WOK as well. So pedal your self-righteous BS somewhere else.

(BR, this flamers just for you!!)