Back in the day

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Strider
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Strider » Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:05 pm

Bad RevAmp, bad. I'm pretty sure you left me all alone against the evil players of this game when you were abducted. Never leave a clanmate in the field. :P

I showed up right around the formation of the clans. I actually got a VP in my first game, but it had more to do with my clanmate's (Ben III) play than my own. He got so powerful in that game, that I was able to recover from some newbie mistakes, even a misguided NAP with Piebald. Ah, Piebald, wherever have you gone.... The best villian ever to walk in Kaomaris.

When I returned from my long hiatus, it was nice to see so many familiar names. Most of you were here or joined soon after I got here. Not many of the same clans, though...
Never laugh at live dragons...

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:22 pm

Heh, well what do you know Revamp returns. It's good to see another old AS member about, and yeah, I remember the game you won the VP in. You did earn it, even if half the players ended up quitting. Now, if I can only figure out what happened to Jadg..... :huh:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:20 am

Ok, ok, since trewqh/Gospondinkruk/whoever came clean, i'll come clean too.

I've been playing wok for a long time, the name i've been using...Egbert.

Yes i'm sorry i played under two names, i'll stick to Saladin from now on, you can delete the name Egbert from the high score and i'll also will give back the Champs title.

:twisted:
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:13 am

What happens when Saladin invokes the name of Egbert.
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:23 am

this is funny, I've played in games with Trewqh, RevAmp and Godisponkruk each! And they've been bums every time! j/k Good to see you're back. Ahh the good old days, now Dameon, maybe if you can ressurrect that guy named VanChaser, he was a good guy! And Nick are you serious about starting a clan w/TK? :twisted: Heh, maybe i could give up my foolish young ways and join ya.... NOT!
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

Count Henri
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Count Henri » Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:22 am

Don't worry about multiple identites...

Any suspect WOK activities are investigated by me. At length...

so far I have done 2 investigations into possible multiple identites...

In both cases they were found to be innocent...

Of course no one ever heard anything about this...

Had they been guilty well you'd all know about it...

I'm always watching...
"He who has relied least on fortune is established the strongest."
-The Prince by Machiavelli

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:45 am

CH,

I believe I remember one occasion, and the accused were brothers. ;) See, My memory isnt that bad. Now, where did I put my cane?????

-Calidus

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:01 am

COunt Henri has been out to get me since day one. We all know that. I believe it was me and Doverish he thought were the same person but we are infact brothers using the same computer.

I was also thought to be Bicco at one stage too but that came to nothing

Anyway Mojie was actually RIPPED in a game with a person having 2 identities in a game. He signed a NAP with one of the identities and he told him what provinces he would be taking in what order and the other identies took easy provinces from him, but he was caught out because he signed the wrong identiy at the ned of an email.

cant remember their names

Count Henri
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Count Henri » Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:48 am

Ummm no X-Wing you were never looked at... Nor was Doverish...

All parties involved have since left WOK so its all moot anyway...
"He who has relied least on fortune is established the strongest."
-The Prince by Machiavelli

Mylantis
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Mylantis » Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:54 pm

Going back to Baron Roland's post about the timing of Trewqh. I think the Baron is right. Not many realize I've been hanging around for some time now. Probably cuz I only play 1 or two games at a time. My first game was GM Nick's beginner group #14.....I think.... I remember that the final four were me, Coolant, X-wing, and Bicco. The latter two won the game and shared the VP's. And that was around Nov-Dec of 2000.
Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all........The First Family

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:48 pm

Just for the record, in case anyone cares about this in the year 2003, when I was a GM there was a suggestion that each GM keep a record of the final positions of his/her groups for later review. Like most GM's, I did keep a link to the final position of all my groups on my home page.

I was surprised to see that I completed my Group 01 in 2000. That means I must have been playing sometime in 1999 since I know I played for almost a year before trying my hand at being a GM. Odd I don't remember the 1999 champs at all.

All those pages are still up on Angelfire. If anyone wants to see them...

www.angelfire.com/ny4/gmtom/gmtom.htm

Some interesting groups there. The first clan war ever is there. One group ran with 5 beginners each playing two positions. There is even one where a player asked me to record the total number of POP/WOK/ARM on the map at the end of each turn and report them at the end.

As an aside, has anyone attempted to travel the WOK Ring from the Kaomaris home page recently? Be prepared to skip over a lot of non-existant pages and see some long lost GM home pages. What do I do when I get to Matt's home page with no link to the Web Ring?
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:04 am

Bjorn wrote:What do I do when I get to Matt's home page with no link to the Web Ring?
Web Right? What Web Ring? Is there code that I'm supposed to have on it? I thought I did ... :(

-Matt/Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Bjorn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bjorn » Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:26 pm

Hi Matt;

Using the Web Ring found on the Kaomaris home page you can move from site to site. I would click on "Next 5 sites" just to see what is on the ring. (Many of those links are obsolete or no longer available). The Web Ring takes you over a bumpy road to this URL.

http://www.htstech.net/MattsGames

There is no link to the Web Ring on that page. A very minor quirk on a trip around the Ring.

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:40 pm

And yet my GM page (http://www.mwgames.com/GM_Matt) has a link to the webring ... hmmm, guess I need to figure out how to get that webring reference changed to what it should be.

-Matt
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:03 pm

Bjorn wrote:All those pages are still up on Angelfire. If anyone wants to see them...

www.angelfire.com/ny4/gmtom/gmtom.html
Wow! I knew that I was in your games Bjorn but I didn't remember I was in the first ever Clan War. I really can't recall how the game looked or where did I start. But it's a fun thing to know that now. :D

trewqh

TBert
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TBert » Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:37 pm

Hey now, I was here BEFORE EGBERT!! In fact, as funny as it sounds, Egbert joined SoV, the clan I started.

I understand why I wasn't on the list tho because I'm not active.

My first game was also Tater's first game. It was one of Scott's I believe.