And now for something completely different...

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:42 am

The Falcon banner cracked sharply in the breeze. The lone figure let his dun meander through the neatly lined rows of tents. They would lead him to the place he wanted to go. The ringing of swords being drawn followed the lonesome rider as he slowly made his way to the center point of the armies. As the rider aproached, Dameon emerged from his tent, trailed by his former commander, Strider.

"So, Strider, did your meeting go well with the Brotherhood?", asked Calidus as he lowered his hood. Aside from the quick glance at his commander, Strider's face was nearly as solid stone as Dameon's. "What's the matter, Dameon, are you not happy to see me?", chided Calidus. "You seem to be gathering quite the force here. Who are you harrassing now? Another young group of Thuggs again? Or, wait, let me guess, it must be Thin King that you have walled in the city."

"Only you would have the audacity to enter my camp unannounced, and alone, Calidus. But then again, you are never truely alone, are you Calidus?" As Dameon finishes his sentence, he peers around at his gathered warriors to ensure that Calidus hasn't slipped a spy among his men. "How many men flock to your, ehhum, banner now Calidus? Or have you come to beg a place amongst the lowliest of my knights?"

Calidus leaned forward and rests both hands on the pommel of his saddle. "I fear that I only have about 250,000 at my command right now, Dameon, but fear not, they are on their own business.... for now." A broad grin breaks out across Dameon's face. "You almost had me there, Calidus. 250,000. That's a good one. 2,500 would be more likely. What brings you here? As you can see, I have no need of a stubby legged man with a large axe."

"Just passing through, Dameon, and you just happen to have all these men in my way. Alas, you have delayed me long enough. Until we meet again, Dameon, Strider." Calidus turns his dun and begins making his way back the way he came. "I thought you were passing through. Isn't that the way you came in?" Calidus just waves and rides on in silence.

*one half mile from the center of the Ar-Sereg encampment*

As Calidus rides into the small thicket of maples, his commanders are suddenly at his command. "Underdog, take 25,000 men and head east. Watch for runners from the Scholars. Dispatch your own runners to Egbert and Brykovian. Let them know that Dameon has enlisted the help of the Brotherhood of Vayuna. They need to be prepared."

Bjorn, take the others and head west. I don't want to get stuck between Massie's GCAs and the BoV, should they decide to clash. I must attend to our new upstart. I will send orders shortly."

*back in the Ar-Sereg camp*
"Lord Dameon, scouts report two large forces splitting apart to the north. One small garrison heads east, while what appears to be the main force heads west." "How Many in each force, corporal?" "Too many to count, Sir." "Well, wager a guess then man." The corporal's face turns ashen. "I would guess around 25,000 in the small group, and about ten times that many in the large force. Sir, I have never seen so many soldiers in one place." Dameon jumps to his feet. "dangnabbit Calidus! He will not ruin this chance for me!"

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Sat Mar 22, 2003 7:24 am

The flies were thick and the smell unbearable, but Undertaker hardly noticed.

"Can you smell it Mylantis?"

"How could I not" Mylantis exclaimed, trying not to wretch.

"Not the dead, but VICTORY!"

Mylantis cast a concerned glance. "Things are going as well as we could have hoped, but victory is not certain."

"Don't you see, the others, they suspect nothing." To himself ("0f course not, how could they. The time is near when I shall rule all! mwhaaahaaa")

So it seemed, but Mylantis could not help but wonder if the leaf was starting to affect Takers thinking.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:27 pm

Dameon rubbed the bridge of his nose as his scouts started reporting in with activity from the CoN camp.

"How long until Massie's catapults breach the walls of the city?"

Strider shrugged. "They are weakened, but still holding firm. Our mages suspect that they are using magic to reinforce the weak spots."

Dameon swore in disgust. "And what exactly is Calidus doing with his army?"

"He seems to be swinging around to flank us."

"What of the Brotherhood?"

"We have sent runners to advise them that Calidus has chosen to take a hand in this. There is no love lost there. They will push a forced march to arrive at this city and engage his troops. Even with their numbers, however, my lord, those of the Circle outnumber our combined forces three to two. And that is not counting what Henri may do if he sees a way out of this trap."

Dameon swore again. Things were not going how he anticipated at all. "Very well then, it is time for drastic measures. Strider, approach Massie's encampment and ask him to forget about trying to bash down the walls, there's no time for that now. I want him to rain fire and burning oil down upon the heads of the Scholars, give them something to keep them busy while I deal with Calidus. They won't have much urge to fight while their city burns around them."

"It shall be as you command." Strider saluted and turned to head towards the southern end of the city and Massie's encampment there,

Dameon watched him go, then turned and headed towards the tents where his mages had set up camp. "I have need of you now more than ever. We will soon be facing an uneven fight against greater numbers. We must summon up the creatures of combat to aid in our fight until we can be reinforced by the Brotherhood. Only then shall I track down the apostate and his precious Circle will be brought down around his ears!"
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:21 am

With the Circle's Ultimate Commander watching the valliant Ecrivian led his troops up the mountain to the gates of the Ar-Sereg capital. His siege engines were in place and had been laying down a heavy barrage for quite some time. Fire, brimstone, countless GCA's, and even the occasional diseased cow flew steadily over the walls of the capital. The attempts of the defenders to repel the attackers were useless as the siege engines were heavily shielded and the advancing troops whilst slow were very careful to maintain a protected path.

Ecrivian rode to the front of his troops and issued an offer to the defending commander, "Surrender the captial now and you have three options, die defending, join our ranks, or walk out never to return. What say you?" Not a word in reply was uttered rather a single arrow was fired from the front right turret aimed directly for the head of Ecrivian. However this arrow even though magically imbuned would have no chance of hitting Ecrivian as he was protected by the most feared creature in all the land, a black dragon. Ecrivian seeing the arrow coming towards him whistled for his dragon and in the teeth of the dragon sat the arrow as it flew by towards the wall. Upon reaching the gate the dragon prepared to make a sharp one hundred eighty degree turn and snatched two of the five guardsmen standing atop the wall.

Awed by the courage of their commander the morale of the attacking troops heightened, and they haunched into their attack state, but waited cautiously for the order of Ecrivian. Ecrivian seeing the arrow and the dragons heroics screamed the words, "FOR FAITH!" so that all his men, and the peoples of the lands surrounding the mountains could hear him and the bloody attack ensued. Limbs began to fly ferociously as the dragon took out the defenses and the ground units advanced. The diseased cows stopped coming but the barrage of bolts and GCA's doubled as Ecrivian's mages procured multiplier spells to increase the effectiveness and the shot of the siege equipment.

At dusk all that remained of the great metropolis that was the Ar-Sereg Capital was a small smoldering pile of rubble. The gold was removed and pikes with heads were placed. A note attatched to the defending commanders forehead was left for Dameon, it read:

Dameon,
Spawn, evil incarnite, faithless heathen. You will pay for what you did to my family you dishonorable piece of cow dung. What has happened to your men, and your commanders is a blessing compared to what lies in store for you. I shall see you soon enough. Spineless curr.

Your Murderer,
Ecrivian

Strider looked on as the corporal removed the attatching arrows from the commanders forehead. "Sire, what are your orders?" he asked solomnly. "Take a detachment from our troops here, and go around the country side recruiting, if they won't join, make them. We will be needing all the troops we can get." Dameon stopped and hung his head in his hand and looked up to see Strider still standing there, and boomed, "WELL WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE?" Strider quickly went about his orders...

(Ladies & Gentlement, I invite you back to the story, oh yeah, Happy Birthday WOK & Ecrivian!)
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.