Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:05 pm

Hi all,

Sorry for leaving on you but I have a hell of a lot in my life and I know I said that real life is secondary to WOK but what the hell, you know I was just joking.

I am not getting into it all here but there is a nice mix of fun with my daughters, a higher position at work, drug abuse on my mothers side of the family, drug abuse on my fathers side of the family and last but not least a mental decision to get my crap together when it comes to overweight and physical condition.

Hope all of you are well and to be honest I feel that I somewhat are friends for real with some of you despite the fact I never met you. Some examples:

X-wing was the first one who got a textmessage after my first girl was born. I know, it is sick. I send him orders for next turn before I told my mom and dad if it was a girl or a boy 8)

I turned to Egbert for advice when I had some problems with alcohol some years back.

I told Brykovian a secret I only have shared with one other person in this world besides him and it isnt my wife :?

Anyway, the purpouse of this is to let you all know not to give up on me. I will return but my life is hectic but in order at the moment so it might be a while before I play a game again but it will happend. Oh, and me and my wife might go for a third child and if that happends it will postpone my return even further.

If you are still here (which I hope) then I will be active again. If not, know that you all made an inpact in my life in a way. I have really fun memories from my times in WOK. For real!

I might login to see any replies to this and might comment but it could take a while between the times and other then that I am over and out for the moment.

Please. Keep WOK alive! Sorry for not helping.
First one here, last one to leave.

Aussie Gaz

Post by Aussie Gaz » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:21 pm

Dukie

Look after yourself and your family my friend.

Wok will probably still be here but if not so be it.

Glad to have made your acquaitence even if it is only electronically.

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:09 pm

:bigcry:
Question everything.

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:00 pm

You'll be missed, Duke. We'll try to keep the old place going while you're away, but it won't be the same without your unique insights... :clown:

While we're sharing Duke-based memories, my favourite would be when you stole the RAM from the other computers in your office, so your machine would run faster. :computer:

Come back soon!

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:40 pm

When you retire and your children will have children of their own... I'll be here waiting to kick your butt at WOK. :twisted:

All the best to you and your family! :)
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:32 pm

Good Luck Duke.
I know how hard it can be to balance real life with this game. I hope you find that balance and in the long run find the time I have never really been able to find for the last few years. I still stick my head in on occasion but just have not been able to find the time required to play well. sure I could just throw together some orders and call it playing but I hate to do that. The diplomacy and the intrigue were always the fun part for me. along with the banter on the boards of course. maybe when my kids get older I will have the time to invest in playing the game again.

Hope to see you when that time comes.
UD
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here