stage one of re-devolpment

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

stage one of re-devolpment

Post by Dragonette » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:42 pm

I think one of the important things about re - devolping the site, is the style of the pages.

Take the logo for example if you look at it, does it say wow or something else.

Then theirs the colours of the pages, dull blues, greys and blacks, it isn't very attracting.

The quote from wargamer, just blends in, i do not see it anyway.

The bar to take us to different pages, like new visitors look here, it may be in bold but its the same colour as the other words, so it dosn't stand out.

WHAT im trying to say is, what colours, styles and fonts that you would like to see and what people of your age want to see.

So come on give us some ideas on what and how to change. We can't do it without you.

d

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:06 pm

oh i see everyone go's on about wanting re-devolpment but when someone actually goes to do something nothing happens.

pointless.

d

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:11 pm

Dragonette wrote:oh i see everyone go's on about wanting re-devolpment but when someone actually goes to do something nothing happens.

pointless.

d
Dragonette 'pointless' is something WOK is not short of, in fact there are so many points to follow up for the players active in promoting WOK that there's never a blunt moment...

korexus, Aussie Gaz and mullog are regularly working on some WOK programming requirement. Hannibal, Tinker (I think) work on the PR side of things and I expect many others help out where they can.

As far as I'm aware WOK has an ongoing plan which in time should bring new faces to a great game. A recent thread proposed a more striking front front page which makes players actually click on something, I think that player hasn't yet followed up their initial proposal with an actual idea. Rest assured though I will be pm'ing that player to 'pull their socks up' and submit something soon...

All ideas new and old are helpful but every idea is in a priority queue as with all (in development) games...