WOK 4, 5, Clan Champs/ WOK 4, 5, Clan Scores

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Nemesis
Trooper
Trooper

WOK 4, 5, Clan Champs/ WOK 4, 5, Clan Scores

Post by Nemesis » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:06 am

I understand that Dragonette is looking after WOK 4 scores with the new scoring system. But what is going to happen in regards to scoring systems and Championships? I think we could at least have a WOK4 Champs this year and plan to have WOK5 and Clan Champs next year?

Also, is the Clan Kaohalla lost forever? :cry:

Is the new WOK4 system set in stone or being tested?

Will there be a new WOK5 scoring system? (Else clan scores won't make sense)

Just a few questions to hopefully inspire a discussion

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:15 am

I guess for a wok 4 champs the top ten scoring players would be invited along with the last winner and thhen go down the list if people decline.

For wok 5 we have only had one game this year so not sure there would be a point for that.

Scoring for wok 5 might as well be the same as wok 4 I suppose if we keep them separate.
Question everything.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:58 am

Champs happen in January and sum up the previous year. There were no Champs in Jan 2007 as 2006 was a very slow year. Not many games finished, not many consistently active players. I see no reason why we shouldn't organise Standard WoK (WoK 4) Champs this January.

Same goes for Clan Champs.

But for a time noone supervised the Clan Kaohalla or the whole Clan system itself so I wouldn't know where you'd have to look for the Clan Kaohalla page if wanted to revive it.

I believe the community agreed that we'd test the new scoring method for a year and then decide whether we wanted to use that or the traditional VPs for wins only.

The issue of Advanced WoK (WoK 5) scoring was not addressed yet, but Lardie's right that the new scoring method would work as well for Adv as it does for Satndard WoK.
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Nemesis
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Nemesis » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:22 am

Other interesting future concepts are 'The WOK Duel Champs', 'The WOK Duel Lite Champs' (Both 8 players) and maybe even the 'WOK Trinity Champs' (6 Players)

Maybe some way would be needed for Duel victories to be incorporated into Clan Scores. Lots of possibilities :wink: