Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Duke

WOK - Defenders of the World - Chapter One

Post by Duke » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:59 pm

Chapter one

Are they always like this?
No. They are worse.

A group of people, strange people I might add, has been gathered in a building belonging to NASA. As they sit on the benches along the walls they all look at eachother. After a while one of them clears his throat and speaks up.

"My name is Alexander. Does any of you know why I am brought here?"

The person sitting opposite of him answers,

"I dont know why I am here either. I am Brendan. These are some of my friends"

Alexander gives him a curious look.

"Brendan? Is that an Irish accent?"

"Yes, well Northen Ireland to be exact"

"As strange as it may seem. I think we all know each other. You probably know me as Al and I am guessing that you guys are X-wing, Doverish, Keiser Moije and so on."

Some of the others now looks surprised.

"You know me as Egbert"

says a man in the corner and stand up.

Al nods at his direction and just as he is about to respond a door opens and a man in a NASA uniform enters.

"Good day. Please remain seated and listen to what I have to say."

The man sits down on a chair in the middle of the room.

"A few hours ago we picked you all up from your ordinary lifes. Your familys has been informed of your whereabouts and are being looked after. As you probably have figured out by now, you have a connection. It is an internet based game called World of Kaomaris. This has suddenly taken a step from just a game among the rest of them to the most important game of them all"

Bicco leans forward whispering to Moije

"This should be interesting"

"If I may continue. What I am about to say can under no circumstance leave this room. A few weeks ago we made contact. We are not talking about that we might have made contact. We DID make contact."

Dyana "Contact? With what?"

"With another species."

The WOK people looks at eachoter.

"We recieved a transmission from a point outside our solarsystem where no planets exists, so it must come from a spaceship. The transmission said, Bring forward your best players and let our master crush them."

Al: "What? Players? Master? What is it all about?"

"Thats what we wondered too so we asked. As a reply we got this: www.kaomaris.com"

Ben "But why? A game? Who are they?"

"This is all we know at this point. We are afraid to loose contact so we decided to play along. That is why we gathered all of you here. We need you to pick out your nine best players to meet their so called master. Then we have more time to gather more information about them and hopefully they want to discuss more important things after the game."

Ben "Again, why? Why WOK?"

"That is one of the questions"

Bjorn "9 against 1? This will be like a walk in the park!"

Nick "Well, if it is WOK4 you can count me out"

Egbert "What? Do you really care about that luck discussion at a time like this?"

Nick "I am just saying that there is no real strategic challange when that much is based on luck"

The NASA officer leans towards Queen Pea

"Are they always like this?"

QP "No. They are worse. This is nothing. Wait until they start discussing NAP's"

Kalvin "Who will GM it? What map should we use?"

NASA Officer "They havent said anything else than what I have told you."

Coolant "Why dont you just send up some armed forces and talk with them right away instead of this?

Calidus "Do you think this is Star Trek? It isnt the Klingons out there. This is for real and if they want to play ball, I say we play ball."

Al: "Settle down people and lets discuss which ones we should put on the nine spots. Beside from myself I think that Bjorn should be in it. And two or three Scholars"

Nick "Why you? When was the last time you won anything?"

Al "Ha! Well Mr.Preceptor of Ar-Sereg. Need I remind you of who won the first Clan war?"

Egbert "Just look at the Kaohalla. Who has to most VP:s? Naturally there should be at least three Scholars"

Calidus "You cant use the Kaohalla. My clan hasn't been around for that long but we have Underdog and Bjorn T and I had this vision of the nine players standing in a circle with me as the leader"

Nick (turning towards the NASA guy pointing at Calidus) "And you are telling me that this is a person you would like to see defending the earth?"

Thin King "I would like to keep the different strategies within my clan. In case anyone thought that we should share information."

Calidus "What is wrong with you people? Is there a history of mental illness in your clans? We are supposed to be reaching out to little green men from Mars and you worry about clansecrets? The steamroller isn't really a secret you know, and it doesnt work anymore.

NASA Officer "Well, I will leave you alone for one hour. When I come back I would like to have a list of the nine people that will face them."

Dyana "One hour? There isnt enough time in the world for these people to agree to something"
First one here, last one to leave.