tecinal problem

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

tecinal problem

Post by Dragonette » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:11 pm

hmmmm ...... brykovian, korexus and vortan are at the moment having some technical difficulties. Their computers wont let them in to this site or wok 5. The question is has someone barred their ipp number or did someone do it trying to cure a problem. For now they just sit and wait, pondering to themselves. If anyone knows about this inncedent or anyone else has experienced the problem please either email them or tell me here

dragonette

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Post by Vortan » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:43 pm

:lol: Yippee!
Now WHY did it do THAT!

If at first you don't succeed - give up and have a coffee!

Yes I am on the transplant list for a new sense of humour!

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:47 pm

Dragonette,

When something like this happens, the odds are very good that it was me that did it. If it wasn't, you can bet that I'll find out who it was very quickly.

Anyway. This, as with most computer problems, solved itself after a moderate amount of screaming and kicking machines round the room. No worries. :)

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:49 pm

So hryllante...when you left did you lock the door behind you? Then when you came home did you unlock it? 10-15 minutes after your name appeared every1 got on...did you have something to do with this????? :D :P [only joking]

Dragonette

Mullog
Veteran
Veteran
Location: Aalesund, Norway (freezing!). Member of the Vulkings

Post by Mullog » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:01 pm

If you can't access a website then either the site is gone or you are having a dns problem. Look it up on the wikipedia if you are interested ;-)

These problems fix themselves automagically. It is one of the good things about the internet. (H) So just wait and everything will be fine again.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:29 pm

Not sure that was the case this time. I couldn't access WoK directly using any browser, but could if I went through a proxy server and I *could* access the comand panel direct. Also Vortan's house could see the site from one computer, but not another.

The fact that this happened at exactly the time that our databases were being horribly abused by some rogue script (adding just over 20,000 identical entries to the database per second) makes me think that it may have been the servers grinding to a halt...

Anyway, the offending script has been fixed and I've reinstated a 30 second timeout. So hopefully, if that was the cause, it won't happen again.

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Post by Vortan » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:55 pm

Not that we HERE really care but another PHP site for a strange little game called Lords went down about 30 minutes after ours came back up.

Looks like they are having a prob all round. It will be CS next. Just so long as they dont all go at once - I might ... well ... I might actually have to do something else :shock: No! I won't, I will sit helpless pressing refresh every 30 seconds. :lol:
Now WHY did it do THAT!

If at first you don't succeed - give up and have a coffee!

Yes I am on the transplant list for a new sense of humour!

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:43 pm

:twisted:

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:11 pm

very funny hryllante

dragonette