THe return of the WSC

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Post by Vortan » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:18 pm

Well folks listen up, if I can drag your attention back to the original discussion - you remember - the WSC (its a good job its called the WOK Supreme Council not just the WOK Council :lol: ).

Firstly, I have voted in the Vote 23 thingy BUT, and this has been considered, in light of the size of our community at present I really do feel that ultimately we are just too small for this system to be necessary.

Secondly, if groups of 'idiots' exist out there who wanted to destroy WOK then having the WSC wouldn't stop this. All they would need to do is start another 10 clans and they have the deciding vote so the democratic system proposed would actually fail us and badly.

I beleive that the communities best option would be to say that for now we should proceed AS THINGS ARE. Let's see in say 6 months time what condition the community is in at that time and reopen the debate then if numbers make it a genuinely necessary action.

There isn't really any need presently to alter a system which is allowing change after a period of debate. It is certainly not worth the community being divided unnecessarily into the for's and against's.

If this post upsets, annoys or irritates anyone then I apologise but feel that something had to be said. There is no way realistically that the WSC could re-awakened on the say so of only a quarter of the membership currently active - that would be most unfair and ultimately damaging.
Now WHY did it do THAT!

If at first you don't succeed - give up and have a coffee!

Yes I am on the transplant list for a new sense of humour!

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:43 am

The community is too small with too few active Clans to once again engage in the WSC system of voting (for the moment at least).

WOK hasn't died since many departed WOK to place rl at the forefront of their existence, but it's encouraging that this game continues to attract both newcomers and Vet's alike into it's fold. Just think we must be doing something right!!!

The system that exists at present is working without the need for change.

In my most very humble opinion every player here has the opportunity to put across their point of view via these very forums and with that the chance to feel a part of it's community.

I believe the WSC can only do this community harm. In my experience communities become divided when power is given to the few, as we now stand we all have the power of communication via our forums. We all equally stand here swapping banterous (is that a word) posts whilst seriously stating our own opinions. This works and exists in every online community for a very valid reason.

Power corrupts as well we know and with that I support trewqh in adopting option 4.

Why 'O why do some players seek additional power when the greatest power of all is killing others armies, afterall that's what I'm here for (aren't you!?!)...

Our programmers (trewqh, Bryk, korexus and others (not mentioned but still respected)) who have continued undaunted to utilise their skills supporting WOK in their spare time, should imho be ultimately the ones who have the final say in matters relating to the development of WOK. BUT from a programming persective and NOT from a WSC perspective.

In the past votes have been conducted to guage the present sentiment of WOK followers where rl allows them to present their opinions, this works and so should continues. I realise Saladin has an ongoing vote to reestablish the WSC but do we really, really need any more power than the dice allow us.

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :twisted: :evil: emoticons we're excluded from this post cus everything I say is from a completely serious perspective :P <- dangnabbit....

One last point if your still reading this - We all contribute to this community in more ways than merely wanting to be on the WSC, we contribute our cash, we programme but most of all we play, don't spoil something so simple with power.

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:53 am

Oops by voting for trewqh's option 4 - I neglected to write that the WSC would work in a community with 100's of players in it.

Some control should be retained by those who have played longer, with representation being giving to newcomers alike who have distinguished themselves on the field of battle and the forums alike.

Duke

Post by Duke » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:56 am

Aaah, The peoples republic of WOK. Would that make the head of the dev.team the chairman?

(All tounge in cheek so ignore me)

Anyway, H. is right about the current situation. However I still feel that you should form a structure that holds for more members and that was the original reason for the WSC being created. A whole heap of threads and no decisions being made since no-one had the official power to enforce anything.

But what do I care. I have been the community clown for almost a decade so you all handle the real issues while I continue to be the thorn in your side :wink:
First one here, last one to leave.