Refereeing WOK4

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Refereeing WOK4

Post by Vortan » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:17 pm

I have found a number of downloads on the site for GM Utilities for WOK4 but I was wondering three key things before attempting download. Answers welcomed from anyone in the know.

1. Are the downloads compatible with Windows XP (UK)

2. Does refereeing require any html programming knowledge or other more specific experience?

3. Is there a utility allowing map design?

Thanks.
Now WHY did it do THAT!

If at first you don't succeed - give up and have a coffee!

Yes I am on the transplant list for a new sense of humour!

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:26 pm

My computer's running XP and everything works fine.

Note that for almost all Standard WoK games these days, we'd use WoK-On to run the turns. Al's original WoK IV engine is kept more for posterity and the occasional X-Game.

Currently Advanced WoK games are run using Al's WoK 5 engine, but not for much longer we hope.

Running a game using the downloadable engines means that the GM needs to be able to put up a web page explaining what happened each turn. I believe that the GM pack has a pretty good template to help out with that.

Maps can be created through Matt's excellent Map Assistant. It does pretty much everything for you. :D (Please point Dragonette at this file too as it should answer her various questions...)

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:32 pm

The Map Assistant, for creating the data details for Standard WOK (WOK4) or Advanced WOK (WOK5) maps can be found here:
http://www.mwgames.com/_ufiles/WOKMapAssistantSetup.exe

It should run on any Windows OS ... if you have any troubles making it work, post on these forums or PM/E-mail me directly.

You *will* need to create the graphic representation of the map first ... then the Map Assistant helps you take it from there to define Provinces names, terrain (WOK5), POP amounts, neighbors, etc.

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess