Any new player who is interested.

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Any new player who is interested.

Post by Lardmaster » Fri May 18, 2007 10:10 pm

I am going on a short break to Venice celebrate my wedding anniversary but on my return I aim to set up a training game for any new players that want it. I will advise each player separately on both strategy and general advice on what they need to do to enhance their playing ability. I won't actually say you should do x,y and z but I will prod in the right direction. This is basically what a clan head would have done if we still had genuinely active clans.

Those who are interested let me know.

And yes I know there are better players out there than me. But only because I am lazy :lol:
Question everything.

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Post by Vortan » Fri May 18, 2007 10:31 pm

First of HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and your beloved. Enjoy Venice, always fancied that myself. One day maybe...

Regards the game, I would welcome the experience of an established player without having to commit to a clan. Past experience regards PBM/PBEM alliance partners leave me twisted and bitter.

As for the clans being quiet in the training and recruiting game, my own kin, my daughter Dragonette has been taken into The Scholars fold and is being coached in the finer skills of game play, misinformation and tactics by two of the oldest of hands mr's Saladin and Korexus! I guess this means that even my own is no longer to be trusted in a gaming sense.

Sheesh.

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri May 18, 2007 11:04 pm

Venice before it starts to smell. Good choice.

I'd like to point out at this point that Dragonette has applied to the scholars, but not actually been accepted. (Through no fault of her own, but our members are slow on the email these days and maybe our entrance requirements need rethinking...)

On the training front, I will be playing against Dragonette in a Duel Lite run by GM Han. This will provide huge opportunity for us to discuss tactics and strategy and thus improve Dragonette's understanding of WoK. I can almost see a Duel game as being a Rite of Passage to join the clan. Would be fun, certainly...

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Sat May 19, 2007 12:43 am

korexus wrote:Venice before it starts to smell. Good choice.

I'd like to point out at this point that Dragonette has applied to the scholars, but not actually been accepted. (Through no fault of her own, but our members are slow on the email these days and maybe our entrance requirements need rethinking...)

On the training front, I will be playing against Dragonette in a Duel Lite run by GM Han. This will provide huge opportunity for us to discuss tactics and strategy and thus improve Dragonette's understanding of WoK. I can almost see a Duel game as being a Rite of Passage to join the clan. Would be fun, certainly...

korexus.
Blah Blah Blah. You are really just scared that Dragonette is going to embarass you on the field of battle and are only going to let her in if she DOESN'T beat the pants off of you! (We know how you scholars are!!!)

(For those that don't know, this is just good old trash talking, and there is nothing personal about me calling Korexus out!)

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Sat May 19, 2007 10:35 am

Amzing how many EX Scholars players there are. Must be some reason for that eh Cal? :twisted:
Question everything.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Sat May 19, 2007 1:09 pm

Yeah, a lot of Scholars leave after a time, seeking a bit more of a challenge. Seeing that they can't get it from the other clans they try their hand at playing against other Scholars. :P
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Sat May 19, 2007 4:35 pm

I think that's because the Scholars will accept just about anyone. Where as, when CoN was still alive, I was selective about the crew that I gathered to me. I only ever had one player that didn't fit in, and he was promptly booted.

Maybe once we gather in enough newer players, we can get the Clan System back underway. Who knows, I may even be inclined to resurrect the Circle of 9......