Nap Clarification

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:15 am

The problem is that 2 turn notification "implies" continuous. You'll notice when I asked for clarification I used both "Continuous" and "Minimum", neither were used in the response. I think that what I was asking was clear, the answer given was not.

PS: '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
The scars remind us that the past is real.

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:47 am

Han: The continuous wordining may not remove confusion, but will hopefully mean that the confusion happens during the two turns of warning when there is still time to sort things out, not after the first attack (which one player didn't expect, having thought the NAP was still in existance.)

Underdog: No, it's just you. Move yourself into an old folks' home already. Alternatively, check that caps, num, scroll or one of the other 'lock' keys isn't on on your computer. :wink:

Donut: If the reply wasn't clear, surely you should have replied for clarification. (I know you did once, but how much more have you typed now as a result of not asking a second time? You even made a new sign in, and I can ban you for that! :P )

Chris/korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:25 am

I asked if it was a continuous nap or an 8 turn nap. I essentially got my answer.
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:42 am

korexus wrote:Han: The continuous wordining may not remove confusion, but will hopefully mean that the confusion happens during the two turns of warning when there is still time to sort things out, not after the first attack (which one player didn't expect, having thought the NAP was still in existance.)

Chris/korexus.
LOL! If your "continuous" removes all confusion EXCEPT during the two key turns of dispute, then I would think it hasn't helped a whole bunch! (drat, he'll get me for this ... :wink: ).

Surely the key is to specify turn numbers for clarity, eg. (......."ie no hostilities till at least after Turn 8, and no notification till at least after Turn 6."). Or so.

Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Ahhhh Welll

Post by Validon » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:23 pm

I will just type every detail out from now on. End of discussion on my part. As I said I am not necessarily angry over this and don't consider Donut a "Nap Breaker". So time to move on.

korexus

Post by korexus » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:17 am

Han, which would you prefer in game;

Turn 6, I email you with 2 turn notification when you thought I couldn't send it till turn 8.

Turn 8 I attack you when you thought we stilll had a NAP.

It's not a trick question... :roll:
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Answer

Post by Validon » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:16 pm

Since Han didn't answer I will Chris.
I would rather get the notification after turn six even if I thought it wasn't supposed to come until turn 8. At least then I could see where there was a definate misunderstanding and a miswriting of the nap possibly on my part. Plus there would be time(2 turns worth) to clarify with the other party and to make new plans.