Suggestions?

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

korexus

Suggestions?

Post by korexus » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:45 pm

Ok then, I'm moved into a new house, I've made it back from Europe, despite terrorist plots to keep me there and I've got an internet connection out of BT (the former listed in ascending order of difficulty).

The upshot is, that I just need now to unpack and prepare for next term, so I have a bit of time free for WoK. However, it's been a while since I had any free time so I've pretty much forgotten what needs to be done.

Please post here with any requests for updates and changes to the WoK site and/or engine, I'll get on them as quickly a I can.

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:00 pm

Can't think of anything right now.

I suggest you join my new waitlist. :)
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:18 pm

Ok. I do have one big request.

The scoring. I already got one VP this year, but my kaohalla record is not updated with it and the yearly ranking has not been even setup this year. With not enough interest to run the Champs I can understand not having yearly VP rankings, but I would really love to see kaohalla reflect my actual accomplishments.

Thanks in advance!
trewqh

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:30 pm

Seconded for my first VP...

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:09 pm

How about, and I know this is a long shot (and even more I know you aren't supposed to put a comma before the word and but sue me!!), we are able to have 5 player games with smaller maps seeing as though there are fewer active players these days. At least a potential new player will see more active games and we won't have to wait as long to fill up a game. I'm quite prepared to do the maps incidentally.
Question everything.

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:19 pm

I read this and was going to suggest letitng each player take two spots, then saw that Han had beaten me to it in a nother thread...

This wouldn't take too much work (I think) in terms of changing theengine. You'd probably have to put dummy provinces in the ini though...

Chris.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:00 pm

Having palyed the Duel I am sure that playing with 5 players with 2 spots each would be a totally different experience than what Lardmaster suggested. Would Lardie's idea be more difficult to introduce?

On the other hand - why not have games with 5 players on normal maps? :twisted: That doesn't require any more effort to set up than a normal group.

Actually we could start Forest Lake with 7 players - no clan pairs, every man for himself. :roll:
trewqh

korexus

Post by korexus » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:20 am

Well, I've managed an update finally. GMs of games will find a form to send emails to an or all players on a game page. No more searching around for email addresses. I know no one requested it, but it's been bugging me for a while so I sorted it. Now I'll see if I can get onto that VP thing again...

Chris.