Anyone remember this thread?

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

trewqh

Anyone remember this thread?

Post by trewqh » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:28 am

A thread from the past :)

It's like we're living in the times when the wishes of our past came true. To some extent... because Eg's post is a very sad one to read from the perspective of two years. :bigcry:
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Mullog
Veteran
Veteran
Location: Aalesund, Norway (freezing!). Member of the Vulkings

Post by Mullog » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:33 am

Ah. The old days!
It is sad that things have slowed down lately, and I am not sure why really. Personally I have had trouble following the last games I have been in, so I am reluctant to sign up for any new games. Maybe that is the situation for the others as well? Or maybe WOK has lost its appeal with gamers peferring flashy graphics and surround sound instead of interesting gameplay...

I am not sure if we should try to do something or if we should just wait and see. Now its summer and WOK is always slow then, but it has been slow for a year or more, so that's not the real problem.

Did we kill WOK when we made WOK online? Maybe its so easy to play that it has lost its charme... :(

I really like the concept of the game (especially wok4), and I like the online version, so I don't see what is the problem. Maybe we need to redesign the website to make it more welcoming to new players and then start a new recruiting round?
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:26 am

It's certainly not the fault of introducing WOK-ON that the community is not very lively lately.

I think that if we had more active 'leaders' things would be better. And by 'leaders' I don't mean people in power baring responsibility for the community, I mean the charismatic people who generate activity in a community simply by participating themselves.

After reading Xarfei's post I realized that although events such as the World Football Cup were always a hot topic on this forum, right now no one's discussing it. That's also revealing.
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking