150 Tech Points - Aim

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

150 Tech Points - Aim

Post by Hryllantre » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:31 am

Could someone please clarify what I would receive if I converted 150 Tech Points as I am in some doubt...

I think I would receive 5 missiles (randomly placed) + 2 spies in every province that I own...

I'd like to think that it's 5 missiles in every province that I own and 2 spies in each as well (although I doubt it)...

Any help within 29h 'n 30mins would be hugely appreciated, Duke are you reading this!?! :P feel free to answer ole chap :@)

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:40 am

And if I we're to receive only 5 missiles in 1 province which prov would they end up in?

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:38 pm

You get 5 missiles in EVERY province which has at least 1 worker, and 2 spies in EVERY province which has at least 1 pop.

BTW, I was thinking of rewriting the WOK4 manual, to make it more user-friendly and understandable. I can do a draft of one, and everyone can put in their suggestions for changes, additions, etc. Does this sound like it would be worthwhile?

The whole purpose would be to make the game easier for newcomers. I think we would also need to "clean up" the Welcome note which is the first thing that newcomers would read --- it is a bit lengthy.
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:41 pm

Egbert wrote:BTW, I was thinking of rewriting the WOK4 manual, to make it more user-friendly and understandable. I can do a draft of one, and everyone can put in their suggestions for changes, additions, etc. Does this sound like it would be worthwhile?
Defenitely worth it! I'll gladly help with suggestions and sommentary once you complete it!
Egbert wrote:The whole purpose would be to make the game easier for newcomers. I think we would also need to "clean up" the Welcome note which is the first thing that newcomers would read --- it is a bit lengthy.
Guess who wrote it... :P j/k
Now it has the quality of discouraging impatient people :D (still kidding...)
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:09 pm

Okay, I'll start working on it. One thing I need to know is what we are calling this thing, now. Standard WOK? WOK online? WOK-ON? WOK4?

Also, what is WOK5 called now?
They can happen to you,

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:18 pm

What has been known as WOK 4 is now called Standard WOK and WOK-ON is rather the mode of play, but since nobody plays 'offline' then it's interchangeable to some extent.

WOK 5 is now called Advanced WOK.
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:16 pm

Egbert I will help out with this project...

Hopefully I should be able to contribute from a newcomers perspective...

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:21 pm

The current version is available at http://www.kaomaris.com/WoK-On_Manual.htm (still miss named and miss linked, but reachable via the Lobby). This is a revision of a re-wording of an update of a revision of a document made by a mad Austrian so you may want to ignore it and start again from scratch, but I thought I'd mention it...

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:11 pm

I was thinking of starting from scratch. It should take a few days.
They can happen to you,

Aussie Gaz

Post by Aussie Gaz » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:57 am

Egbert wrote:Okay, I'll start working on it. One thing I need to know is what we are calling this thing, now. Standard WOK? WOK online? WOK-ON? WOK4?

Also, what is WOK5 called now?

Judging by the lack of enthusiasm lately I think we could just about call WOK5 "WOK Rigormortis" :(

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:41 pm

I think we should do what Duke and others have been asking us to do for the past few months --- make a concerted effort to bring newcomers in. However, I don't think we should invite people in for a look around until we get the place cleaned up and looking nice. It looks pretty good right now, but I think we could make it look even slicker and better with some changes here and there. For example, the home page could scare a lot of people off --- there is too much info flying around.

Think of it as selling your house. You've lived in it for years, and think it's a great house, but until you give it a fresh coat of paint and make some needed repairs, etc., you will not attract as many potential buyers. We don't just want traffic --- we want buyers.

BTW, I'm about half way done with the WOK Manual.

Also, sorry to bring this up all in one obscure thread, but I was thinking about the best way to handle newcomers and the Clan system. What do y'all think about this: There should be some method of spreading newcomers out to different clans, so that 1 or 2 clans are not overwhelmed, and so all newcomers are able to receive enough caring and attention from their clan members to learn the game. The method could either be random assignment, or let someone pick a clan and then the next newcomer would have to pick a different one.
They can happen to you,