WOK-ON Commentary

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:51 pm

Egbert wrote:
korexus wrote:Women?! In WoK?!! OMG, that would be sooo awesome! :P
korexus.
Actually, I think we had 4 women playing WOK at the same time. Dyana, Queen Pea, Ingrid (forgot if she had a player name), and someone else who came just after them (don't recall the name). I don't think Dorothy from Kansas counts, since he was a guy, but that gets my vote for the best name I've seen.

And sorry for this question Ada, but are you a gal or a guy? There is a woman at my work with that name --- same spelling.
To answer for her, Ada is definitely female. And we overlooked Black Widow and Shakira, who, female, both started in Mike #05 Crossland. Not to mention Melonus Maximus, who shared a win with Egbert in a game I moderated ...

The common factor is that they all played a turn or two, or a game, and then disappeared. Hey, Duke, if you've got some spare time, why don't you mail all these and ask why they all quit? It might help us keep future players ......

Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:01 pm

QP is Al's wife. She may be the most valuable person we could bring back to WOK in these difficult times. :)

On the other hand, since she's Al's wife then she's most likely hooked on World of Warcraft right now. :)
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:26 pm

M-1, M-2, QUIT and DOES NOTHING categories are coded in. Korexus is supposed to think how to make attack commentary more diversified.

Watch your upcoming turn's commentary to see how it works.

Cheers everyone! :)
trewqh

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:45 am

QP is indeed my beloved wife :D

Im affraid we are both still deep into WoW addiction, and our guild has been growing steadily to 120 members over the last year. We are a so-called "endgame raiding guild" which means our time is... limited to do other stuff (and still enjoy some social contact with the outside world from time to time hehe).

Im still popping into Kaomaris sometimes at night - sneaking in when you cant see me :P Good job you do there, two thumbs up from me to everyone that keeps it running !

I really wish I would have time to start a serious comeback in here, but I really cant. I just paid the 1-year bill for this site though, so there you go with another year of strategy fun :D

Stay in touch !

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:53 pm

Hi there! :)

Thanks for the good word!

Have fun WoWing while we have fun WoKing! 8)
trewqh

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:11 pm

gm_al wrote:
Im affraid we are both still deep into WoW addiction, and our guild has been growing steadily to 120 members over the last year. We are a so-called "endgame raiding guild" which means our time is... limited to do other stuff (and still enjoy some social contact with the outside world from time to time hehe).

Stay in touch !
Hail to the Chief! Good to hear from you. And somebody ought to say a big THANX (it's a bit like "PLEAZE") for renewing the bill-payment yourself ..... not only the money, but the fact that it saves us the hassle of a) discussing it ......and b) sorting out HOW to transfer client/pay it ......and c) getting bogged down in 17 ways to organise sharing payment ......:-). Thanks from all of us.

Just one thing, boss. Maybe you could stop, in your posts, accidentally always advertising WOW as a better place to be than WOK? Hey, maybe it is; but the effect is to drain WoK towards WOW? Have we lost some players beyond you and your good wife from WoK to WOW? Every time you remind us why you're no longer here, but in WOW, you keep accidentally advertising it as a place to leave WoK behind for? So, if I take the trouble to bring in 20-40 players to try or look at WoK, they'll see your posts and migrate? This is a moot point. I myself have qualms about trying to migrate players from MY other games to try WoK ... (is that disloyal to my other games??). But I reckoned that maybe it came down to realism .... steal from biggies that can easily take it; don't steal from littlies that will struggle if they lose a few?

I don't blame you, Dameon etc, etc., for preferring WOW, that's a personal choice.

But maybe don't keep accidentally promoting the migration from WoK to WOW ? (see your last few posts). There are about 6-10 of us now active on WoK. I/we are trying to get the site right before new people come visit, to optimise their chances of liking it; it would be a pity if the the most enthusiastic of them followed the Boss-man's lead and deserted to WOW as soon as they read the threads ......? Maybe you should slightly reduce your encouragement of that?

Cheers,
Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:59 pm

I guess it was me who brought up 'the other game' this time. :P

Al wasn't propagating but confirmed the facts I wrote about, my fault.

I see your point Han and I'm glad that there is a person in WOK that is concerned with it becoming a lively community. I think we'd all want that.

I also think we will reach that point, since WOK is such a great game! :)

Cheers!
trewqh

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:48 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Hail to the Chief! Good to hear from you. And somebody ought to say a big THANX (it's a bit like "PLEAZE") for renewing the bill-payment yourself ..... not only the money, but the fact that it saves us the hassle of a) discussing it ......and b) sorting out HOW to transfer client/pay it ......and c) getting bogged down in 17 ways to organise sharing payment ......:-). Thanks from all of us.

The cash actually came out of donations which people still occasionally give to WoK.

Al emailed me a few days back, asking me to take over that side for him, so when I get a chance I'll be updating the paypal links. I'll probably start pushing WoK Subdomains again too. They really are great value and the subscription goes a long way towards the yearly bill!

korexus (heir apparent of WoK).
With Great Power comes Great Irritability