Island hopping

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Island hopping

Post by Hryllantre » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:43 am

I couldn't find a similar suggestion so here goes...

When playing a game such as Butcher's running Islettes game where you have to cross water to attack another player, would it be feasible to adopt some sort of penalty system for the attacker who leaves land to attack across an ocean and vice versa...

a -1 attack regardless of Tech Pts or
b reduced effectiveness
c some other penalty

Any movement between islands could incur a 50% of any Land to Island to Land movement...

Just a thought

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:54 am

Hi, I like the idea in priciple, for the middle and end of the game, but it might be bit harsh on any player who drew an island as their stat-prov ......only getting to try for 2 neutrals .....or even (10%points off EFF?), just failing to take a first neutral, losing all the strong start-armies in the process....

Glad you like the game.

Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:11 pm

I don't really like this idea. Since it makes attacking harder then it only encourages defensive tactics. This would have a negative on the amount of action one would see in a game.

Maybe if the disadvantage of attacking was balanced with a smaller percentage of POP and WOK being lost to battle then this idea wouldn't discourage aggresive gameplay.

trewqh