Marketing

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:37 pm

LOL 48 hours my a**. They wish they had that much to do. They probably just sat around waiting for a sucker to sign up for their "traffic service". :lol:

Dear Daniel,

Your site http://www.kaomaris.com/phpNuke/ has been reviewed and
approved.

Your ad campaign has started.

Please be advised that we have approved your payment and the content of
your web page only.
Please read our F.A.Q. page and visit the members area to test how your
web page will look like.

To monitor your statistic, pause, stop or re-start your campaign,
and/or test your web page, please visit the Members' Area.
Your login: mrmelin
Your password: *took this away*

Thank you for your decision to advertise your site with us.
Last edited by Duke on Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First one here, last one to leave.

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:39 pm

C'mon Sal! Hurry to get it all in gear before the first one gets here :lol:

(picturing me saying the exact same phrase a month from now :) )

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:04 pm

Well i think i might be able to get something done tonight after the meeting i have or otherwise tomorrow night for sure.

I could use some help though with how people think it should look and what should be on it. :)

Any ideas guys?

Does anybody have some nice pictures and/or some nice text that i could use, that's catchy and to the point?
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:11 pm

Ask Raw. He has some really nice pictures 8)

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:47 pm

Firstly, Sal: 'Advanced WoK' Games now show up in the Lobby game search. I'm still working on a way to let GMs add and modify them neatly, but this should spell the end of Kaobase V1 so could you change the game search links accordingly? - I can send an email with suggestions once the dust has settled if you like...

Duke: The WSC has mainly active players, but is not official as we should have got re ellected months back and general apathy set in. I like the idea of reinstating it, just to remind people that it's there! :wink:

Forcing new players to join a clan never made much sense to me. Sure we should advise them, but if they want to jump in and see what happens why shouldn't they? It could also up the number of people who stick around as they can jump straight into a game. (We just need to make sure GMs try to keep hold of the players...)

Duke again: Shall I email you the stats? If so when? - They also come with a variety of pretty graphs if you like...

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:08 pm

Yey! Pretty graphs. I always get in such......good mood by pretty graphs. *takes off his shirt* Please, send that big graph this way pretty boy...*wink wink*

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:49 pm

Alrighty.

I've open up a "Get more players fund".

Send a contribution to me through Paypal at wokduke@yahoo.com

All the donations will go to either directing visitors or paying for advertising.

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:44 pm

Current status:

Change the URLTEST the WEB PAGE
US Targeted Visitors (Games)
URL: http://www.kaomaris.com/phpNuke/
Paid Visits
10,000 37 $19.98 Oct 10, 2005 06:03

37 down, 9967 to go.

9967 bottles of beer on the wall, 9967 bottles of beer. Take one down....

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:48 pm

Latest stats:

US Targeted Visitors (Games)
URL: http://www.kaomaris.com/phpNuke/
Total visitors
10,000 181 $19.98 Oct 10, 2005 06:03

Time to lauch step two on the marketing rocket and announce the coming of step 3.

I need a big chip-in. I'll make a specific post in the Announcements thread about the upcoming campains in case peole stopped reading this one.

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Re: Marketing

Post by Hannibal » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:33 pm

lt appears full, with no room for newbies to sign in and play!

If they look for dates to signify what is current or not, they will still draw a blank (every GM seems to prefer "not defined" for next turn ..... which does not make one of our 2, 000 visitors find anything live and happening and worth checking back on as it develops ......

For the 5-8 of you who are reading this but think I've exaggerated, just follow the links as if you were a newbie, and you'll see! You really will ....

OK. Net, net: IMPROVE THE SITE FOR NEW VISITORS BEFORE WE WASTE THOUSANDS OF HIGH-QUALITY VISITORS AND TURN THEM OFF, NEVER TO BE ATTRACTED HERE AGAIN. We could be blowing money on our marketing/recruitment drive, only to turn off most new visitors, AND TURNING OFF THOSE WHO ARE PERFECT FOR US BUT ARE TURNED OFF ON THIS SINGLE VISIT, never to give us a second chance ....blown it! I myself would rather attract them to view us only once we had the site optimized for them .....Note: it's not just that we might lose the right people oin this attempt, but that we might thereby lose them forever .........never to try us again .....

Enough.

Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Re: Marketing

Post by Hannibal » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:49 pm

Drat and double-drat!! I wrote a whole post, and the submit button only submitted the second half of it .... hmmmm .... either I'm an IT idiot (yeees ...), or even the site engine has tired of my longer posts and independently applied a cut-off ... annoyingly deleting the first half of the attempted post rather than the second half, so that even the remainder will not make sense ......

Duke wrote:I am about to purchase 10.000 targeted visitors to our site. They will be U.S citizens and they will be intrested in games in general.

?
Ho-hum. Maybe Marvin has it right. Should I bother to re-write the first half of the above second-half-post? I rather think not ....

Gotta go.

Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:25 pm

Well my elephant friend. I could either sit and do what you do. Make suggestions for others to act on......or put pressure on us all by actually turning heads this way.

You prefer your way, I prefer my way. Time will tell who is right.

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:17 pm

1.324 new visitors so far from the traffic campaign.

I am choosing a bit between different providers for my next move and I thank Mullog and Egbert for their donations.

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:57 pm

Purchased 25 click-thru's from a provider. Just to try them out. They had some offer for 1 dollar.

Some providers sell actual sign-ups. If I were to follow that I REALLY want some effort in making it easy to arrive here, figure out the game, and sign up to a waitlist.

Duke

Post by Duke » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:10 pm

I'm going to try this one provider that gives me 25 guaranteed sign-ups as long as what we offer them is free.

I have had some e-mail discussion with them about the "quality" of the sign-ups since I fear that they might be fake but they have convinced me to try them out.

What I need from the community is two things. 1. Someone open up a specific group for these newbies. They will need special treatment since we want at least 50% of them to stay.

2. Put a big sign-up thingy on the front page (Sal, Mullog, Kor?) so that it is IMPOSSIBLE not to understand where and how to sign up to this special newbie group.

When these two terms are fulfilled then I will press the magic button.

Lets hustle people. chop chop

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:08 pm

Apologies Duke.

I've been quite ill the last two weeks after i got back from my holiday.

I didn't know one person could have that much fluids drain from so many different parts of his body. :(

Anyway, i'm feeling better now (although getting back to work seriously lowered my enthousiasm), so i expect/hope to be of help again this week.
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:31 pm

No problem. Make sure you get all fluids back up where they belong.

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:42 pm

Sal's been away on honeymoon and has lost a lot of fluids?

Surely someone can make a comment on that. Where's Raw when you need him?!
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:30 pm

Saladin wrote:
I didn't know one person could have that much fluids drain from so many different parts of his body. :(
TMI! TMI!!! :grey:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Duke

Post by Duke » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:21 pm

Well, nothing is really happening and the summer slowdown is currently setting new records as we are soon entering november.

I am buying those sign-ups now. Gotta do something.