WOK and its future ......

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:46 am

OK, but notice that Egbert might not be (has probably not been at this point) following your phases divison proposition so his 'rules' will need editing if we all agree to your propostiton.

Which I highly recommend. :)
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:53 am

If Egbert would maybe open a thread on it, we'd all know he was working on it and anyone can chip in ideas like making it 10 phases instead of 6, ahead of him writing it?

Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:48 am

http://www.kaomaris.com/phpNuke/modules ... ght=#18911

As for your other suggestions, as long as you don't want select boxes on the SAOF, it probably won't be too much of a problem to do...

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:22 am

korexus wrote:http://www.kaomaris.com/phpNuke/modules ... ght=#18911

As for your other suggestions, as long as you don't want select boxes on the SAOF, it probably won't be too much of a problem to do...

Chris.
Yep, even with my limited coding knowledge, I guessed that asking for drop-down selection boxes might be a bridge too far, so I only asked for explanatory/reminder WORDING fitted in between the EXISTING boxes, eg "You attack from prov [00] to prov [00], using [000] armies", and "You move from prov [00] to prov [00], units of type [0] (only one type of unit per move-order and max of 50 units per move)" - though maybe the parenthesis part is written only once, in the header for the phase, rather than "after" each order-line .....

I'm trying to be reasonable in my proposals, rather than asking fr the earth!

Cheers,
han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:19 pm

Hannibal wrote:
trewqh wrote:
2. Proposition #14:
I am totally for rewriting the rules. And I think it's good that Egbert started working on this on his own, as well as you have, Han.

Also, how about waiting before publishing your rules until Egbert finishes his? Just asking.
I didn't know Egbert was working on this. Is there a thread on it? In that case, sure, I'm glad someone's on it. Egbert will probably do a great job, so I'll leave it to him. It'll save me going back to put in all the bits i missed out (eg 3 of the spying options, the option of transforming workers back to POP, etc. etc.). No need to have both, let's go with Egbert's.

Han
Well, that's strange. 2 people independently think of rewriting the rules at the same time, after all these years. Oh well. I'll put the finishing touches on mine, and then open a thread on it. How should I post it? Is there a way to attach a Word document, or should I just post it in pieces in a long thread?

BTW, I like Han's suggestion of putting words in the AOF, to make it more explanatory.

Edit: I'm done! Please let me know how I can attach this!
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:47 pm

I don't think there's a way to attach a Word file to a post.

So if you do't want want to paste it into a post (too long?) then you could use your GM page to publish it.

If you don't want to mess with your webpage account (didn't use it for a while? or anything) then feel free to e-mail the rules to me. I'll publish them on the Vulkings' web account and post the link in a new thread.
trewqh

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:10 pm

No no !

Copy and paste it into a post on a thread!

That way
1) I can view it without fighting technology
and
2) you'll relieve me of my homunculus for longest-post!!

Han

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:45 pm

Manual Thread link

Really, no technology fighting is neccessary. Just click the link (in the Manual thread) and open the file.

And you can quote only the relevant parts of the manual by copy/pasting them frem MS Word into the post.[/quote]
trewqh