WOK IV Manual

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Xechortariaste
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Xechortariaste » Thu May 19, 2005 4:17 am

Duke wrote:.pdf is the overall best form of distributing information. If the rest of the world outside Sweden could understand this then you might catch up to us in terms of intelligence. *ducks down*
*Starts to throw something large and heavy at Duke, but realizes it's just not worth the effort*

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Thu May 19, 2005 2:03 pm

Xarfei wrote:Otherwise I will just spend more time on gettting high....

Xarfei
Now we're getting somewhere :beatnik:
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Xarfei
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Xarfei » Thu May 19, 2005 2:43 pm

Allister Fiend wrote:
Xarfei wrote:Otherwise I will just spend more time on gettting high....

Xarfei
Now we're getting somewhere :beatnik:
Hopefully I will get there soon, only another 3 weeks. Apperently there are plans to make certain cookies, especially for a certain lawyer in our college who sometimes takes work just a litle bit too serious....

TK knows who/what I am refering to :wink:

Xarfei

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu May 19, 2005 5:03 pm

Not the g nome? That would be awesome! :D
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Xarfei
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Xarfei » Thu May 19, 2005 5:39 pm

korexus wrote:Not the g nome? That would be awesome! :D
Oh yes, Konrad "C*untman" Rogers himself has requested hashcakes for when he finishes finals!

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Fri May 20, 2005 12:14 am

All this talk about cookies is giving me the munchies..... :lol:

8)
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:51 pm

gm_al wrote:We prefer you get drunk and hi (and laid !) but AFTER you re-did the manual. I strongly suggest a cooperation with Donut on the matter, and maybe you can work with Han to get the "New visitors look here!" updated too (no PDF please, we want ol' Chris to integrate any information into the site design :D

Looks very promising so far !
Ok, done. I've updated the "New Visitors Look Here!" tab that I wrote last year, and Rune says he'll upload it. As originally intended, it's the one place where some new potential player can see what kind of game WOK4 is, to decide whether to join in or not. I've updated the sections on how to view a game, how to join a clan, and how to join a game, to reflect the new architecture of the website, in order to mesh in. And I removed the contentious steering of newbies towards Yarosund's clan as a first port of call, and put in Duke as a backstop instead as a helper.

Done. If they spot "New Visitors Look Here!", they can no longer complain that they arrive in a site with no sense of where to start ..... And it should enthuse and motivate the right people, and turn off those who would go AWOL anyway. IMHO.

After that, it's a matter of how they are treated once they join in, a whole new set of issues! But that's retention ......

~ Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:58 pm

Thx Hannibal, also got your mail on the issue and we are moving in the right direction I believe.

A few tidbits:

* Id prefer not to use any PDFs but have everything integrated into the site design
* refer to WOKON and not WOK4 please - less confusion for n00bs
* bext step is to streamline the whole welcone process - make it so a new player can sign in and get into a Clan/game with as few steps as possible - suggestions in that regard ?