Clan allegiance

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Clan allegiance

Post by Hannibal » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:24 pm

My second bequest (only 4 to go!) is a simple, easy suggestion:

I suggest that everyone amends their info, so that, under "location" they write in where they are AND WHAT CLAN THEY'RE IN. See my own that says London AND The Vulkings Clan. Easy. I did it a year ago. To be honest, I'm a bit surprised it didn't catch on!

The rationale is clear if you're able to look at things from others' point of view : YOU and your friends know which clan you're in, but it helps new members get the hang of who is who; so that they feel less left out of what others already know; and it helps understand some posts (eg. "So join BoV !!" means one thing if you know the writeAr is from BoV, another if you know they're from the Scholars ...).

And it might help GM's and score-keepers and programmers keep track easily, without having to mail players or clanheads to check clan allegiance.

And it puts MadOne's clan system more upfront in general.

No need to suggest programming in an extra line .... it works easily if you just expand your own entry under "location". Which also means that update on clan-allegiance is the resp. of the player, not the clanhead or gatekeeper .... So easy. And good for new members.

OK, DO chip in with agreement or disagreement. ....the boards look to have been pretty quiet in the 3 months I was away from them! :P

~ Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:54 pm

I think that we should add another line. It makes more sense to me.
The scars remind us that the past is real.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:12 pm

<chips in with agreement>

Xechortariaste
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Xechortariaste » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:59 pm

Not a bad idea. You can see my location has changed to reflect this. But the new clan pages in the lobby serve much the same purpose. Speaking of which... unless I'm mistaken... BOT should also have Shakira, Attila, Izvirk, IECDMS and Jman.

Aussie Gaz

Post by Aussie Gaz » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:33 am

Seems like a simple request.

Done (I hope).

Calidus
Commander
Commander

Post by Calidus » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:31 am

But what if we don't want to "conform"??? :twisted:
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:50 am

Just because you can't spell your clan name you have decided not to comform? You must be from Tennessee. :twisted:

I see you did figure out how to copy the name from a list somewhere. Maybe you aren't as bad as I thought.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:55 am

Xechortariaste wrote:But the new clan pages in the lobby serve much the same purpose. Speaking of which... unless I'm mistaken... BOT should also have Shakira, Attila, Izvirk, IECDMS and Jman.
Haha! I think you answered your own objection there!

Best is if both systems apply. You still need the lobby for people who don't post much, but for frequent posters the location-para will be more up-to-date, and simpler for newbies who don't actually WANT to keep ducking out to the lobby-clan-lists to check allegiance when they're browsing the forums ....

Both.

It'll be interesting to see whether one or two people join in or reject the idea from its provenance!

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:04 pm

Calidus wrote:But what if we don't want to "conform"??? :twisted:
OK, well, semi-conform by writing in "BoV (non-conformist branch)" ? :D

~ Han

PS, I like your addition of putting in your personal clan history, an improvement over my idea. I must amend mine, too. Let's regard that as optional, current clan-allegiance as heavily recommended, just short of mandatory? Or maybe not ...

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:57 pm

Calidus made his clan info messy on purpose, I think. Now your clan info, Han, looks messy too. A more straightforward approach is more helpful in my opinion.

trewqh

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:07 pm

Calidus wrote:But what if we don't want to "conform"??? :twisted:
What is that Private!?? You have no right to a will of your own!!! Eyes forward soldier!!!! We are here to uphold democracy, NOT to practice it!!!!
First one here, last one to leave.

Ecrivian
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Ecrivian » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:15 pm

Hannibal wrote: PS, I like your addition of putting in your personal clan history, an improvement over my idea. I must amend mine, too. Let's regard that as optional, current clan-allegiance as heavily recommended, just short of mandatory? Or maybe not ...
Calidus' clan history has earned him the title of "The Wanderer" unless we've all forgotten our WOK History :shock: ...... even though ya know I've been in more clans than he has now :wink: ..... mostly the same ones just at different times. :roll: Oh well..... **babbles incessantly whilst walking away**
War determines not who is right, but who is left. We shall see in the days ahead whom of you appear atop the pile of corpses.

Duke

Post by Duke » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:05 am

Calidus is "The wanderer" due to him choosing to seek new clans.

You are "The expelled" since you get kicked out of them and the come crawling on your knees and buttkiss your way back in.

Ecrivian "The Unwanted", "The Shunned Doorknocker", "The Misfit" or...."Mr Zero".

:wink:
First one here, last one to leave.