Firefox side-effects

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Duke

Firefox side-effects

Post by Duke » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:33 am

Want to hear something wierd?

Since I switched to Firefox something odd is occuring when I go to the kaomaris main site. For a split second I can see the old layout of the homepage. It is long enough so that I can see that the info and everything is up to date but it switches to this layout within one or two seconds.

It is a brand new computer so I cant have anything stored in any type of memory and it didnt do this while I used Opera or IE.

Not that it bothers me or anything, I just found it funny.
First one here, last one to leave.

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:31 pm

Firefox tends to display information line by line, as it gets it. IE sometimes does this, but sometimes waits and displays the whole lot together. I've only noticed this when displaying php files.

As the old homepage is written in php, what could be happening is that your connection is just fast enough to start showing the old page before the redirect kicks in. You could stop it happening by going directly to http://www.kaomaris.com/phpNuke/ but if you're typing it every time (as opposed to using a link or 'favourites') that might seem too much effort. :wink:

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Duke

Post by Duke » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:06 pm

Fast??

8 Mbit/s is as good as it gets theoretically but I usually tend to have to settle for like 3-4 Mbit/s.

I have it as a bookmark. All I need to do is either to add that nukestuff or learn to live with it I guess.
First one here, last one to leave.