New WOK5 V3.30.5 released !!

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:52 am

Ok first off You can not give everyone the same spell and tribe (or no tribe option), if you were going to do this you might as well give everyone the same pop and the same distance away from the next person and so on and so forth.........don't go there.

I realy like the idea of switching tribes made less costly. I think switching a tribe at the right time a few times durring the game to accomplish somthing a very good strategy.

I agree with TK in that the Mbakku tribe is too powerful, and should be ruduced some (1/3) instead of (1/2).

I also agree that hitting defense is too easy, but TK's option is too drastic. Maybe EFF-50 instead.

I didn't know that each spell had a different weight so making them all 100 sounds like a very good idea.

Massielita
Mathematician is someone who knows that if three people walk into an empty room and five people walk out, then two more people need to walk in to the room to make it empty again.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:47 pm

Mbakku is too powerful? I agree it powerful, but what tribe does 80% of everyone use for 80% of the game. Hobgob, apparently it's not as powerful as that. This also hits on your point about not paying troops. 10% loss is pretty easily made up by "Selling" something on the market place. I would suggest that we make activity on the market place not selling, but buying. If you're locked away from anybody you won't get any bonuses. If you don't have any cash on hand you don't get any bonus. 10% is a lot of EFF...

I agree that hitting DEF is too powerful, I've also started seeing players AIM at workers which is also very powerful.

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:49 pm

Donut wrote:Mbakku is too powerful? I agree it powerful, but what tribe does 80% of everyone use for 80% of the game. Hobgob, apparently it's not as powerful as that.
This is why I suggested that Al should talk to the more experienced players. :roll: Donut - I am guessing you have never used Mbakku. If you had, you would know that it is FAR more powerful than Hobgob. In the 4 games I won this year, I didnt use Hobgob once. I used Mbakku a lot.

Also, just because people sell 5 things on the marketplace, doesnt mean they are Hobgob. :wink: It is a "fake" that many of us use.

PS Your signature is worrying. :shock:

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:38 pm

LOL....giving secrets away there TK.

Massielita
Mathematician is someone who knows that if three people walk into an empty room and five people walk out, then two more people need to walk in to the room to make it empty again.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:40 pm

Yeah I always use Mbakku when the time comes to upgrade my troops, and it'll be even easier to do now with the tribe hopping bonus changed. I like that reduction a lot for the same reasons Massie has stated. Regarding the Mbakku again, I also change from them once my units are upgrade, often to Hobgob, but sometimes to something else if the situation calls for it. I like the idea about reducing troop upkeep costs and increasing the penalty for not paying them as well.

I do NOT agree that defense is too easy to hit with GCAs, considering it can only effect one province. We want WOK to be an aggressive game and if make DEF more powerful by making it harder to hit it's going to become more static and defensive in nature, and if you ask me WOK 5 games are quite long enough already.

And Al I do not recall at this time what my specific recommendations for the Quipee and Gang Lufo were, but I do remember my overall theme being there were too many tribes that affected magic which was useless a lot of the time. A LOT of tribes have magic-related bonuses compared to how big of an effect magic actually has in WOK, overall. Go ahead, ask how many advanced players keep the Quipee or Gang Lufo for more than a turn if they happen to be stuck starting with them? I guarentee you that you will not get any hands. Those two bonuses in particular just need to be changed to something non-magical in nature. Teleportation perhaps, or something else....I'll think about it. I grant you that a LOT of tribes are not used more than a few turns, but people WILL use most tribes in certain situations; I simply cannot think of any situation where either of those would be used.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:44 pm

Dameon wrote:I do NOT agree that defense is too easy to hit with GCAs, considering it can only effect one province. We want WOK to be an aggressive game and if make DEF more powerful by making it harder to hit it's going to become more static and defensive in nature, and if you ask me WOK 5 games are quite long enough already.
Think of it this way:

In one turn, it takes 80 workers to make 1.0 DEF.

It takes just 30 workers to make 10 GCAs, which will destroy 1.0 DEF. Even with 80% EFF, you only need 12 GCAs (36 workers).

If DEF became useful, it would open up more tactics, but I dont think it would provide any long-term defensive strategies (which would lengthen the game).

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:00 am

I still have to agree with TK here. I don't think it will make the games go much longer, but it will either make you use more GCA's on taking out the defense or lose more troops in your attack.

Massielita