FAREWELL FROM HANNIBAL ......

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

FAREWELL FROM HANNIBAL ......

Post by Hannibal » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:10 am

As some of you know, after 16 months, I'm quitting Kaomaris.

Farewell,

Yes, this is mainly because of that nasty piece of work, Raw /GM Ryan. NOT because he beat me or anything, but because he is such a pain in the a .... - 5 arguments, all his fault, across 4 games that I either fought him in or was GM'ed by him ..... the worst GM I've come across.

Enough of Raw-Nerve.

Anyway, I'm a little bit proud of my record to date, so here is my career-history in WOK as I leave :

Played 6, won 5, came third in the other.

To be fair, that only counts the games I played in that reached a conclusion. There was also one that GM Ryan screwed up on Turn 14, before the endgame, losing the data, refusing to reconstitute it from TR's, and going to adjudication (with his recommendation) before the result would be clear ...... AND one that player Raw screwed up by clearly breaking a nap (nothing vague about it, he just attacked a prov of mine while we were napped), which led to me quitting the game in disgust at Raw when I was lying third, my clanmate second, while Raw and his clanmate were lying 4th and 5th ..... the 3 leading players stopped playing and left them to it ...... it still goes on, maybe stalled, abandoned or hitting the 5-quit rule .....

Anyway, 6 games played to completion .....For the record:

First game: GM Andy #04 Forest Lake.
Won, 1 VP. Thanks to fellow-newbies Validon and Mullog (we were all in our first game at the time, and in 3 different clans, before we went on to form the Vulkings ....

Second game : GM Matt #06 Penta
Won. 1 VP. With fellow-newbie The Kraken. We shocked veterans Raw and Saladin by beating them, despite Big Sleeper Saladin having 210 sleeping heavy armies he was happy to boast about as T12 approached. We beat them. This caused Saladin and Raw to resent this upstart newbie Hannibal who thwarted a shoo-in for them, which enmity persists to this day .....

Third game : GM Mike #02 Feudal
Won. 1 VP. With clanmate Validon. We took out 3 sleepers in a row, our finest hour. One of them was Saladin, and this was mostly simultaneous with the previous game ........he was a sore loser twice in parallel rather than twice in succession.

Fourth game : GM Chris #01 World
Lost. Came third. Beaten by Big Sleeper Xarfei and clanmate. Still, took out the SF and girlfriend double-team against me at the start, then big sleeper GM, before Val and I coming out weaker than the other 2 for the endgame, and lost.

Fifth game : GM Mike #05 Crossland
Won. 1 VP with clanmate Mullog.

Sixth game : GM Ryan #10 Penta
Won, 1VP, with clanmate Validon, ended last week.

Oh, and the 2 spoilt games if we want to call it 5 wins out of 8 games started :

Seventh game : GM Ryan #09 Gardenia, void, adjudicated by GMC.
On course for victory with clanmate Trewqh(?), we having ripped clanmates Polymorphic and Egbert ..... But my father terminally ill, Trewqh requests a 2-day extension till I get back ..... but GM Ryan refuses with commentary "I don't want to be a jerk but I am refusing the extension ..", and runs the turn without my clanmate's orders, M-1 ....... What a jerk! .....Ruins my plan, the course oif the game, and our chances. Trewqh quits, I quit for 2 turns (funeral - another argument with Raw/Ryan). Nevertheless, on my return, I fight back, (Trewqh M-3 now), and lie 3rd, with 3 of us taking on the Big Sleeper AF .......Could go either way ...... Suddenly GM Ryan "loses" the T14 datafile, loses the stats for the game, no back-up copy through the TDH as we GM's are supposed to .....and further refuses to reconstitute the game through players' TR's ......... he calls it void and asks GMC to adjudicate. They say it was too early to be sure ..... but MadOne rules that the two leaders get 1 VP each, I come third .......Gee, thanks Ryan .....for refusing Trewqh an extension on a key turn where we would have smashed AF, and on losing the data when I fought back anyway .... SHEESH. I hadn't realised Raw had it in for me so much......

Eighth game : Val #04 South America, ongoing, maybe void.
On course for victory (!) with clanmate Trewqh ... we're down to 5 players, LM leading as Sleeper, Trewqh and I 2nd and 3rd, Raw and his clanmate 4th and 5th. Nice position. Raw breaks a nap with me. No, nothing vague like taking neutrals, a straight attack on a prov of mine while we were napped. We clearly hate each other by now, but I keep to the nap, he breaks it coldly and clearly, attacks and takes my prov. I qiut the game in disgust at cheating Raw; I and clanmate Treqh go M-3, and the leaderboard leader LM is M-2 as I write and in dispute with Raw, likely to go M-3 making 5 Quits and voiding the game or making Raw and Egg, no opposition for 5 turns, fight each other for the one available VP ......

Enough. Oh, I also stood in 3 turns for clanmate Lille, and ruined AF's winning position ..... And I did TRY WOK5 once ......(pace P-S), and was surviving mid-game when the GM (Dom) went AWOL ......I found WOK 5 a bit, er, .....I won't go into that!

So, farewell. Played 6, won 5. And this was always being ACTIVE, never sleeping, (which was the "way to win" till the Vulkings came along hating sleeping ....... In fact, I took on Big Sleepers 7 times, and routed them 6 times out of 7. We founded the Vulkings on the basis of being active players not sleepers. And it was not against poor opposition. That record includes knocking out Saladin twice, Egbert once, Raw, Bryk, Korexus, GM, LM, Donut,Warp, Poly, etc. Xarfei beat me, no-one else. Always with thanks to my allies in the games.

Sorry this sounds like boasting. I guess it is. Others do it. Did they score in 5 out of 6 games in a row?

Farewell. Thank or blame Raw. :)

~ Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:19 am

Hey Han,

with Chris coming back this weekend from holidays the completion of WOKON should be possible within short time. You might want to stick with us to give it a go, it will get rid of the human GM errors and we need careful testers for it too.

Leaving it to Nick now to tell you that "dont play with the GMs you dont like" stuff. I'd hate to see you leave our shores, thats all Im gonna add here right now. :cry:

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:19 pm

Only played in a couple with you but found them very intertaining so if it means anything, I would like you to stay around too.

Massielita
Mathematician is someone who knows that if three people walk into an empty room and five people walk out, then two more people need to walk in to the room to make it empty again.

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:06 pm

I still love you hanibabble.

BTW - does anyone have any cheese for this great wok hero?
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:20 pm

Well, quite a bit of stuff in Han's post is a bit distorted, from what I know. There are a lot of misunderstandings there. Rather than arguing over things, though, you should stay Han if you like to play WOK. Raw is a nice guy, but you 2 just happen to run into each other at all the wrong times and in bad situations. I know that Raw is not doing anything on purpose.

WOK is a big place, so like Al says, you should stick around and see what happens.
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:21 pm

Raw <> Nice

Raw
Commander
Commander

Re: FAREWELL FROM HANNIBAL ......

Post by Raw » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:29 pm

Hannibal wrote: Seventh game : GM Ryan #09 Gardenia, void, adjudicated by GMC.
On course for victory with clanmate Trewqh(?), we having ripped clanmates Polymorphic and Egbert ..... But my father terminally ill, Trewqh requests a 2-day extension till I get back ..... but GM Ryan refuses with commentary "I don't want to be a jerk but I am refusing the extension ..", and runs the turn without my clanmate's orders, M-1 ....... What a jerk! .....Ruins my plan, the course oif the game, and our chances. Trewqh quits, I quit for 2 turns (funeral - another argument with Raw/Ryan). Nevertheless, on my return, I fight back, (Trewqh M-3 now), and lie 3rd, with 3 of us taking on the Big Sleeper AF .......Could go either way ...... Suddenly GM Ryan "loses" the T14 datafile, loses the stats for the game, no back-up copy through the TDH as we GM's are supposed to .....and further refuses to reconstitute the game through players' TR's ......... he calls it void and asks GMC to adjudicate. They say it was too early to be sure ..... but MadOne rules that the two leaders get 1 VP each, I come third .......Gee, thanks Ryan .....for refusing Trewqh an extension on a key turn where we would have smashed AF, and on losing the data when I fought back anyway .... SHEESH. I hadn't realised Raw had it in for me so much......

~ Han

.....tell the whole story. Don't make me dig up those old emails stating you quit that game anyway because you loved me so much.

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:25 pm

You know my preference is for you to stay Han. But you have to do what you have to do. If the game isn't fun anymore why play it. Hopefully you'll be back in the future. Until then we will keep your spot in The Vulkings open.

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:34 pm

Hannibal,

I hope you stay, or at least come back some time. It would be nice to see how you handle WOK5. :wink:

I didnt realise your WOK4 record was that good. Congratulations - although being beaten by Xarfei rather blots your record. :wink:

It is very sad that a cheat can cost the community one of its more valuable members. :cry:

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:01 pm

FUTK - who you calling a cheat?

Hannibal also forgot to mention that the clan mate in that game was Raw.

Grave Maker
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Grave Maker » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:36 pm

If someone could help me find the Emoticon with the tear in the eye and violin I would appreciate it.

:argue:
Hannibal,

I am sorry to see you go since you did bring some good game. I cannot speak to the facts or falsehoods stated, but I can speak to RAW's character. He is a good and honorable player and a fair GM. If a mistake happened - it happened, these these happen. I made a mistake once. You need to move on. Not necessarily by leaving the WOK community but by either not playing in his games or by not napping with him.

Your feable attempts to discredit RAW will be picked up by a few in this community who have it out for him , but most of us know and respect the player and GM and will not be influenced by your poetic rant.

In the game of life, you cannot always quit when things do not seem fair.

TK - not sure what your problem is but if you wanna call someone a cheat you best back it up! But not in "Poor me thread", start your own. "Whine about RAW" thread.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:43 am

TK just likes randomly baiting people to see if he can start arguments, really. That's all there is to it. You should really find a more productive hobby, Craig. :roll:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:44 am

Hannibal wrote:with 3 of us taking on the Big Sleeper AF .......Could go either way ...... key turn where we would have smashed AF
:roll:

lol...THE ONLY THIN THAT "WOULD" HAVE BEEN SMASHED WAS YOUR CONFIDENCE OF BEATING ME......
:oops:
If Raw would have been willing to redo the data, I think honestly would have taken all 3 of ya out .

But it didn't happen so it is no longer an issue.

Tough luck, but it has happened to me too, just ask around.

Anyways, don't let Raw intimidate you, he loves it when that happens....

You need to give it back to him, like start talking about his mom or something, that usually get's him riled up a bit....
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:36 am

Allister Fiend wrote:
Hannibal wrote:with 3 of us taking on the Big Sleeper AF .......Could go either way ...... key turn where we would have smashed AF
:roll:

lol...THE ONLY THIN THAT "WOULD" HAVE BEEN SMASHED WAS YOUR CONFIDENCE OF BEATING ME......
:oops:
If Raw would have been willing to redo the data, I think honestly would have taken all 3 of ya out .

But it didn't happen so it is no longer an issue.

Tough luck, but it has happened to me too, just ask around.

Anyways, don't let Raw intimidate you, he loves it when that happens....

You need to give it back to him, like start talking about his mom or something, that usually get's him riled up a bit....
Actually AF, it's your mom that gets me riled up!

Mullog
Veteran
Veteran
Location: Aalesund, Norway (freezing!). Member of the Vulkings

Post by Mullog » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:09 am

Fare well old friend!
I hope you come back some time when you feel ready for it.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.