The new Traffic Pods thread

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

gm_al
Creator
Creator

The new Traffic Pods thread

Post by gm_al » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:12 pm

Well the first week of using TP is behind us, and results are in (Ill try to keep explanations to a minimum):

- number of referrals: 6 (3 from WOK)
- total traffic collected: 2300 visitors
- total points reserve: 13.000 points (~800 visitors)

Points reserve is accumulated while surfing and can only be converted to credits/visitors once a week. The trade-in rate varies with the number of people buying traffic from their points. I havent used it yet.

- Ladder position: #97 (up from #325 !)

This is the important part, as a good ladder position (obtained through surfing a lot by all of us) increases the multiplier for the bonus traffic we collect. To give you an idea about numbers - as #325 we made like 1.300 bonus while the #1 spot makes around 250.000 ! Thanx to being in the Top-100 the multiplicator moved from 1.5x to 7.5x (!) so expect a HEAVY increase in bonus credits this week. Within the first hours of the new week in TP we already collected 1.000 bonus credits...

Special props to DONUT for helping in the final hours push us in the Top-100 ladder position. I was awake and pushed us too (to answer your mail) but I couldnt have done it without you, mate.

Resumée: TP delivers some solid traffic so far and I believe we as community have a great interest to take part in this. Without traffic a site cannot grow or generate income/members. EVERYONE can help by joining TP and surf a few pages for us (they have 6000 members now and competition for the ladder as well as bonus from a good spot is on the rise). I also will recommend to use some donations to keep getting us visitors on a regular basis once my trial month with TP has expired (but I will run a poll on that). So far I only direct visitors to my own pages, as Im paying the trial month, but donations cash reserve is good and I believe TP can bring us what we need - thousands of new people that get a glance at what WOK is.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:40 am

Quick update on TP again from last week:

Gained ~1700 visitors, dropped from position #97 to #136 (competition on the rise).

I now estimate total traffic to be gained close to 6000 visitors per month we could make with TP. Still evaluating if its worth it, but I will probably not renew my $20 subscription with them - makes only sense if enough people join and surf on a more regular level.