2005 VP Reporting

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Brykovian

2005 VP Reporting

Post by Brykovian » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:14 pm

(Hopefully, one of the mods will make this a sticky thread ...)

My group #7 (WOK5) has finished with a split win between Thin King and Undertaker, both members of the First Family.

The game only took 12 turns (for WOK5!) ... and while UT had a few turns to grow unmolested, TK went straight from beating up neutrals to beating up fellow WOKers. Donut, Val, and Massie made a valiant effort, but it seemed like the FFers were running downhill the whole game. Nicely played by both.

-Matt
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:20 pm

Good job guys.....

AF
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:22 pm

Made it sticky... :P

Congratz to the Family for bringing home this one !

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:54 am

My group 10 is over.

1 VP to each Hannibal and Validon. Good game guys.

2 VP's for the Vulkings.

-Ryan
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:24 pm

My Group 13: Las Vegas has ended after 8 turns.

Massielita and Dameon claim victory under the 8 city rule. 1.5 VP's apiece.

Thank you to everyone who played.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:16 am

In retrospect, 8 city rule when the location of the cities wasn't known probably wasn't a great option. Still we tried to stop this happening and failed so it's too late to complain now... :(

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:33 am

korexus wrote:In retrospect, 8 city rule when the location of the cities wasn't known probably wasn't a great option.
Indeed - a cheap win.

No doubt Dameon will say it was "played for, and got". :roll:

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:16 am

Oh cmon! Don't I get a break :P Congrats to all who deserve it... I'll let everyone else decide that :lol:

I'll get the new pages up tomorrow.

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:58 pm

TK, I had a grand total of zero turns of peace that game, so I do think I earned this one yes. It would have never happened without Gaz's help, though, and I doubt you'd have seen this early wrap up if Validon had not joined Allister and RIPped Gaz, freeing me up to ally with Massie.

Massie and I were playing for the 8-city win and got it. We didn't make the rules, we simply played by them. I know you hate the 8-city rule ever since you got denied VPs in the WoT game, but it is a valid victory option.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:37 pm

I think you guys did a swell job gathering up the cities that quick. No one knew where they were at until you attacked it so it was a guessing game.

Nick is right in saying that he fought right from the start and never slowed down. After the complaints at the beginning about the "map" from him, I was surprised by how well he handled it.

Wasn't that bad after all now was it Nick? :wink:

Anyways, good win for both of you but I will be seeking my revenge(s) in the near future.

Allister.

P.S. Kinda embarrassing that TFF didn't get any out of this... :cry: :cry:

Oh well, I think I see a FF CHAMP in the near future :twisted:
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:24 pm

Just to put my two cents worth in here, Nick is right since we allied together our main idea was to go for the 8 cities, however, we had no idea how many the others had so didn't know if it was even going to be possible until it actually happend.

And besides you take the points you get anyway you can, some you fight hard in and lose, some you fight hard in and win, and some you get lucky. However, in the end it is a win or lose no matter how close it was.

Massielita
Mathematician is someone who knows that if three people walk into an empty room and five people walk out, then two more people need to walk in to the room to make it empty again.

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:16 am

Dameon wrote:TK, I had a grand total of zero turns of peace that game, so I do think I earned this one yes.
You *do* think you earned it? Well I am shocked. 8)

"I fought a lot, so I deserve to win". Good logic there, chump. What was it, 8 turns? I guess we should give out lots more VPs in that case... 8 turns of fighting? Here's your VP. :roll:

Dameon wrote:I know you hate the 8-city rule ever since you got denied VPs in the WoT game, but it is a valid victory option.
I think I know more about winning WOK5 games than you do, Nick. :lol:

WoT was only annoying because the rules changed mid-game. I dont hate a rule which gives me so many victories. 8)

Massi said it best - "we had no idea how many the others had so didn't know if it was even going to be possible until it actually happend." A much fairer reflection, I think.

In fact, I do believe that generally, the 8-city rule should only apply to solo victories. I have believed this for a long time. I know there are others that share this view. Perhaps it is a poll for the future?

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:34 am

Can a moderator delete all these posts to stop cluttering a very useful thread?

TK and Dameon will resume their usual broadcast on a different channel.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:26 pm

Oh there's no question that Massie and I got lucky in getting the eight cities this early, but that was our plan nonetheless. If it didn't happen that turn, well, it was only a matter of time before we caught up to Validon and Allister, and the Scholars were still in a 2-round notification NAP with us. As long as we could finish AF and Val before the Scholars attacked then geographically the odds were we'd have all eight cities, especially seeing as we already had six before attacking Val.

And TK, the only reason you are upset with WoT is that the rules DIDN'T change mid-game, not that they did. 8)
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:35 am

We (Gravemaker and I) only had one city between us, so we offered Nick a split him and one of us in order to stop him allying with Massie. We werew hoping that Validon/Allister/Fredo had enough cities between them that Nick and Massie wouldn't realise they could get an 8 city win. They did and they went for it so they deserve the win, I just think that there may have been a bit of *LUCK* involved. :twisted:

As for wheel of time, some of the rules did change mid-game (Strider's M-3 for instance) but the whole mess is ancient history now, please don't bring it up. - I do have to live with TK you know! :P

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Duke

Post by Duke » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:37 pm

My group 4 is over. It was a wok5 group and the win is split between Smashface and Massielita.

What do I do with the ratings? They are on the group page but you have to update them with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place additions.

GM Duke
First one here, last one to leave.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:40 pm

Duke wrote:They are on the group page but you have to update them with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:51 pm

My group 04 is over. Congrats to Raw and Egbert for the win. 1 VP each.

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:40 pm

Booooooo :evil:

:twisted:
Question everything.

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:38 pm

What do you mean by this post, you who the native indians refer to as "Man with scribbly thundery avatar"
Donut wrote:
Duke wrote:They are on the group page but you have to update them with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
First one here, last one to leave.