Ouch... did I read this correctly ?

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Ouch... did I read this correctly ?

Post by gm_al » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:18 pm

Some may know that for a long time I have been working on a WOK boardgame/CCG, or some combination of the two. I have tried several types and game variations, but when surfing for some XMas presents today I came through this...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/26415

Workers ? Phases ? Races ? Victory Points ?? Wow, that really hurt my eyes.

My board is also made of hexes, printed on both sides and re-arrangeable by the players for every new game. There are (thank god) quite some differences too, but while reading the article I got a few strong reminders of WOK.

Ill order the boardgame of course ($39, US import) and will report on how it plays. Anyone ever tried it ?

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:28 pm

I haven't played it yet, though a friend of mine did get it, so we'll probably play it some time soon. I see the review is by Tom Vassel, he's a great reviewer and you can usually can't go wrong with his recommendations. :D

BTW you could also order the game at:

http://www.spiele-offensive.de

It's only 31 euro's there and if you order over 40 euro you get a nice shipping discount. My last (BIG) order with them shipped to Holland for only 4 Euro's. :D

BTW should you be looking for an AWESOME board game...go get War of the Ring! Best game i've played in years (and i play a LOT of board games). :D
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:57 pm

Thx Sal, but Amazon.de just dropped the price to 29 Euros (with free shipping) on the Warcraft BG. :P

Time to get my XMas list out again...