I hope all players are not like this nap breaker.

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Butcher
Trooper
Trooper

I hope all players are not like this nap breaker.

Post by Butcher » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:40 am

Wow, I just have come back to WOK and I already feel like leaving again. It's really sad.

Calidus, after breaking a nap, saying that you would fix it, and than break it again, and than after I send an email asking why I get the following email, I wonder if times have just changed since I used to play or if you need to take a break:

Durring all of our emails you were extremely rude and all you did was made threats. Now I am not crying, but have you heard of something called maturity?

Tyler Olds <gm_tyler@yahoo.com> wrote:
Is there a reasonwhy your armies where at 10? Not only did you break a NAP, you killed off 1/2 of my armies.

Thanks a lot Calidus. I will refrain from posting in the forums until this gets settled. But as I see it, you did break a nap with me.

Calidus wrote:

Yes, absolutely there is a reason why there were armies there in 10. NOONE TELLS ME HOW TO PLAY. And you sure as hell aren't going to tell me to put WOK in there for you to take. You must be completely stupid. I told you several turns ago that I was the only "friend" you had in this game, and you shouldn't try to cross me, but you wanted to go and be a tough guy and start making demands when you were in the weaker position. Learn to use diplomacy, or you will end up with an ass whipping every time.

And Guess what? With the seven attacks that I have, I am going to kill the rest of your armies too. So go ahead and go crying like a little pissant to the boards. You know what, noone cares what you have to say.

-Calidus

I really hope that the rest of the WOK community isn't like this. Maybe I took too much time off and WOK has evolved into something to intense and involved for me.
GM Tyler

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:16 am

<Jerry Springer>So you're saying that you two were involved, right?</Jerry Springer>

:twisted:

trewqh

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:04 pm

Hey Buttcher, I wasn't privy to your e-mails with Calidus so I can't say for sure what happened there but don't let one bad experience drive you away from wok. Every once in a while you run into someone breaking a nap but it definately is not something that happens all the time. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to trust anyone and diplomacy would be a complete joke. At that point I would probably have to leave WoK too.

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:22 pm

Something tells me that there is a lot more to the story than what Butcher posted. Calidus is an honorable player, and it sounds like there was a lot of communication before Butcher's post.
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Butcher
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Butcher » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:32 pm

Egbert, if you want me to post everything I will. I agree with you that I have had experiance with calidus as my first clan leader, and I have played with and against him in other games and I have never had this problem before. I dont know if he was drunk or if he has just changed in a year, but I will post everything, I don't care.

Oh and if anybody is going to give me that crap about how you shouldn't post your emails on here, I could honestly care less.
GM Tyler

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:49 pm

Yes post them please!
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:59 pm

Most likely another baseless accusation against the First Family. It always seems to come for the same "group" of somewhat inexpierenced veterans. Those ones that all joined around the same time a year or two ago. The same ones that tend to go M-3.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:14 pm

Allister Fiend is a smelly Hippy! :P Ok... I'll try to not get this thread off topic as I tend to do... at least not until the flamer is good and hot.

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:59 pm

Undertaker wrote:Most likely another baseless accusation against the First Family.
Yeah, c'mon now guys. TFF has TK. That by itself should be excuse for plenty of legitimate accusations without going after the rest of the clan too, y'know. :roll:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:45 pm

Dameon wrote:
Undertaker wrote:Most likely another baseless accusation against the First Family.
Yeah, c'mon now guys. TFF has TK. That by itself should be excuse for plenty of legitimate accusations without going after the rest of the clan too, y'know. :roll:
He's never broke a NAP while with the Family.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:03 pm

I am a NAP breaker. :shock:
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:32 pm

Donut wrote:Allister Fiend is a smelly Hippy! :P Ok... I'll try to not get this thread off topic as I tend to do... at least not until the flamer is good and hot.

Donut
What does a hippy smell like Donut?

deew :lol:
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:50 pm

Isn't it make love, not war?

edit: Banana Hammock

:roll:
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:57 am

Dameon wrote:Yeah, c'mon now guys. TFF has TK. That by itself should be excuse for plenty of legitimate accusations without going after the rest of the clan too, y'know. :roll:

Still sore about Grudge Match, Nick?

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:28 am

TK wrote:

Still sore about Grudge Match, Nick?

TK, if I ever get lucky enough to leave an entire force of knights sitting around in swamps and mountains not once, but three turns running, and get to go first in OOP every single one of those turns, then we'd be even. That was incredible luck on your part. Well played by both parties, but dangnabbit, did you get lucky. All I needed was one turn to send my armies into the swamps to slaughter your out-of-place knights and that would have been it. Oh well, that's how the cookie crumbles. :lol:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:17 am

Undertaker wrote:Most likely another baseless accusation against the First Family. It always seems to come for the same "group" of somewhat inexpierenced veterans. Those ones that all joined around the same time a year or two ago. The same ones that tend to go M-3.
Am I on that list?

A year or two.....nope.

Tend to go M-3....nope.

Inexperienced......nope.

I still dont claim to be any good but I am experienced, in a way. *Arrgh* Flashback from when I lost my virginity!!! :oops:

I guess I wasnt on that list so forget that I said anything. (And I dont think Calidus is the bad guy here, sorry Butcher)
First one here, last one to leave.

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:51 am

Dameon wrote:TK, if I ever get lucky enough to leave an entire force of knights sitting around in swamps and mountains not once, but three turns running, and get to go first in OOP every single one of those turns, then we'd be even. That was incredible luck on your part. Well played by both parties, but dangnabbit, did you get lucky. All I needed was one turn to send my armies into the swamps to slaughter your out-of-place knights and that would have been it. Oh well, that's how the cookie crumbles. :lol:
So, yes, still sore. OK. :wink:

By the way, what makes you think your basic troops would have "slaughtered" my knights in the swamp. My knights would count the same as your basic troops, but they would also have had the DEF bonus.

My win was as inevitable as the tide... :twisted:

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:02 pm

TK wrote:
So, yes, still sore. OK. :wink:

By the way, what makes you think your basic troops would have "slaughtered" my knights in the swamp. My knights would count the same as your basic troops, but they would also have had the DEF bonus.

My win was as inevitable as the tide... :twisted:
Oh don't get me wrong, it would have been failry even, slightly to your advantage in the swamp. But if I sent in 20 armies to the swamp and took out even just 15 knights, when those knights hit ALL my knights in the plains, they surely would have lost. It would have softened you up for the kill, that's all. C'mon TK, pretty basic concept there. :roll:

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:59 pm

Duke wrote:
Undertaker wrote:Most likely another baseless accusation against the First Family. It always seems to come for the same "group" of somewhat inexpierenced veterans. Those ones that all joined around the same time a year or two ago. The same ones that tend to go M-3.
Am I on that list?

A year or two.....nope.

Tend to go M-3....nope.

Inexperienced......nope.

I still dont claim to be any good but I am experienced, in a way. *Arrgh* Flashback from when I lost my virginity!!! :oops:

I guess I wasnt on that list so forget that I said anything. (And I dont think Calidus is the bad guy here, sorry Butcher)
You're right Duke, you don't fit in that category, but you have the "baseless accusation" part covered.

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:33 am

So I am the exception that proofs the rule then. Nice, I've always wanted to be that. 8)
First one here, last one to leave.