Question about ratings

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Question about ratings

Post by Funtastick » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:54 am

Since I was gone when all final revisions were being made as to how ratings were to be determined, I don't quite have one question answered:

What if multiple people kill a player? Does it just go buy whoever gets the final province...such as in a wok 5 game who gets all the resources?

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:34 am

Yes, it is done similar to WOK5 (the conqueror of the last province gets the bonus).

Here is the link to the ratings rules page (also available through the "Site Content" link on top of the new WOK page)

http://people.msoe.edu/~jorgensj/ratingsrules.htm

Not sure if what you mention is explicitely stated there, but yes it is done just like in WOK5 (which caused a few discussions - btw anyone noticed Nick has gone MIA over the summer ? 8) )

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:23 pm

I have noticed this and have thought about it without saying anything but since Mr.F brought it up...

This rule makes the game a tiny bit "wierd" at times. I have myself tried to check the OOP and such simply to try to be the last one to take a player out to get the bonus for it. In WOK5 this has been the case all along but now it is also brought upon WOK4.

I dont have a better suggestion. I would just like to say that I feel we should look for an improvement here since on occasion the "wrong" player gets all the awards for a kill.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:36 pm

What, you didn't know I was going MIA over the summer? I am pretty sure I mentioned it before I left. Anyway, I'm back now! Hooray! 8) I knew that would excite you Al. I'll probably be joining the next WOK 5 game that opens and I will also open a waitlist or two myself in a couple of weeks once I settle back in.

Oh, and very nice redesign on the site Al, I really do like the professional look. One question though: where can I find the links to clan score/etc? They used to be on the top of the page and now I can't seem to find the direct links on the site.....I did find them using the "Search" feature but it seems like there should be an easier way.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:56 pm

I am pretty sure that my clan leader has hit his head in something hard during the summer. He has posted a spam post with no connection to the actual thread hand he has given a positive comment on something that Al has done. I am lost :wink:

I cant remember if the old rule that you cant join a clanmates game is in effect but if it isnt then please sign up for my WOK5 group so I can get that baby rolling.

What had this to do with the ratings. Hmmmm. Nothing I guess?