HELP A GM !!

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

HELP A GM !!

Post by Hannibal » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:14 pm

Help! Anyone listening?

OK, after 5 hours of trial and error, I'm nearly there loading orders and generating the turn for Han #01. Turn is run. But can't generate a decent map!!! So haven't updated page or sent out TR's yet, till I have a decent map to upload. It's blotchy, some provs are only HALF-coloured, and one is wholly not coloured when it should be. I can tell it's the "right" updated map, since 90% of it is right but blotchy. I had this trouble a bit when I generated turn #00, so I'm now guessing (10th guess) that my download of the Penta 016 map was corrupted when I downloaded and saved it as the basic map. So wanted to download it all over afresh......but cannot find the "download map" on the new kaobase!! Where is it, EXACTLY??

OR, is it only something I'm doing wrong using the WOK5 manager, mapmaker, especially as it just ends saying a jpg file has been saved, I find a bmp file, blotchy, instead, and anyway only know how to upload a bmp file, not a jpg one, embedded in the webpage to appear together when you click on the panel to see the status of the game....Make sense? Any help? Especially on re-downloading the map....where on Kaomaris IS it?

Han
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:40 pm

Well... From what it sounds like it seems that your original copy wasn't saved as a BMP. BMP quality is generally better so the Mapmaker has no trouble disginguishing provinces from another (White is White, not Gray or Off White or etc that the eye doesn't notice). I would recommend redownloading the original map. Also, this may be a guess but, when you load the map, be sure to load the original map, not the map from last turn. The quality would exponentially go down quickly and cause the same problem you have now.

Here's the link to map central...
http://www.kaomaris.com/mapcent.htm

If you join me in the chatroom anytime soon or use either of the messengers listed below I can give you further help :)

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.