Welcome to the new site !!

Its all WOK here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Welcome to the new site !!

Post by gm_al » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:23 am

We finally made the jump into the cold water and here it is - the brand new and shiny WOK site ! :P

The forum has been upgraded and migrated to the new site as well, all except a few posts should be here.

Important: YOU CAN USE YOUR FORUM LOGIN AND PW TO FULLY ACCESS THE NEW WOK SITE - no need to re-register !

All links are now "hidden" in the new "Site content" sections, accessible from the top and/or left menu. We will still work over the next few days to add more stuff and improve existing content, please bare with us.

We also look for editors now that like to write either on WOK news or on gaming issues - a weekly column will do, post here if you are interested. I also need people to build up the WOK FAQ and WOK Encyclopedia sections, please contact me.

Enjoy the new look&feel, more to come soon !
:P

Duke

Post by Duke » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:47 am

Just popped in during my vacation to calm down the abstinence (I blame you personally for my addiction btw) and was really surpriced by this site. I'm loving it! Looks great and even though I havent fooled around with it yet I am sure it is an improvement in most ways.

Had a hard time finding the games at first until I checked the site content page. If I have to say anyting negative then it would be that it was a bit of a journey to get to the groups.

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:57 pm

Nice job Al!

The font on the signature is larger than the message font. And to me at least, the singature is more prominent than the message. I liked the way it was on the old forum.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:22 pm

Yeah a little bigger font would be nice. :D
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:25 pm

Some how i can't get in to the chat. I click on a chat room and it then addes me to that chat room on the right....but i don't see a chat room. :cry:
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:41 pm

All the font sizes and colors will be fixed once Rune gets the CSS of the forums in his hands :P

Regarding chat make sure to de-activate the popup-blockers for the site, because the chat window is actually a pop-up. Hope this helps and cya all soon in the chat ! 8)

Butcher
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Butcher » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:55 pm

Duke wrote:Just popped in during my vacation to calm down the abstinence (I blame you personally for my addiction btw) and was really surpriced by this site. I'm loving it! Looks great and even though I havent fooled around with it yet I am sure it is an improvement in most ways.

Had a hard time finding the games at first until I checked the site content page. If I have to say anyting negative then it would be that it was a bit of a journey to get to the groups.
I have to agree with Duke here,

Finding the games and kaobase really pissed me off after about 15 minutes of searching for it! Also I believe that it should be easier to access games because people who have never been the the site before will most likely be more confused than I was.

Other than that, great site Al looks very clean and slick!
GM Tyler

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:55 pm

Let me put it that way: as soon as K2 takes the place of the old KaoBase and WOK4 Online hits the streets we can have a link "Games" in the top menu, leading to a specific games section.

Noobs will get a special "how-to" area and it should be easy for them to find everything they need (including Clans) - however all this take time and effort. Its better to go from what we have step by step, and live with the existing obstacles for a while. the site might not be as user-friendly as the old one was (or are you just used to it ?) but we work hard to make it a really professional gaming site. Give us time and feedback !

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:29 pm

And here is another improvement: a custom-made block "Games" on the right of your screen, with quick links to Kaobase search queries. More links to follow in this block when we get there.

cheers !

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:11 am

I have a problem... Where are my powers in the Chat. I can no longer boot AF :cry:

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:58 pm

Mine too! I am now reduced to the status of mere mortal on the boards! :(

How am I supposed to sort out Duke's avatar like this? - To say nothing of playing with Rune's sig... :twisted:

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:07 pm

Fix you're own avatar first Korexus...show us you're worthy of being an admin. :D

Mullog
Veteran
Veteran
Location: Aalesund, Norway (freezing!). Member of the Vulkings

Post by Mullog » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:02 am

HAHA! Chris the mortal! :)

The new site has a more fancy administration system than the old boards and so everyone lost their admin status. Its quite easy to restore though, but I will let AL do the job.
Did anyone loose their avatars? Mine was transfered properly, but let me know if yours was lost.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:28 am

Moderators are back in business now - i gave every moderator the forum(s) he used to have.

Many had "Admin" status, so I switched that to "User" with moderator rights - any problems in this regard please lmk.

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:27 pm

Well after staying away for awhile I also had the same problem as Duke but I think overall that it is a nice change of pace. It will take some getting used to but I think I can figure it all out sometime before next "Kaomaris Day"
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:10 pm

gm_al wrote:Moderators are back in business now - i gave every moderator the forum(s) he used to have.

Many had "Admin" status, so I switched that to "User" with moderator rights - any problems in this regard please lmk.
I don't think so, I still can edit posts in every forum.

trewqh

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:20 pm

trewqh wrote:
gm_al wrote:Moderators are back in business now - i gave every moderator the forum(s) he used to have.

trewqh
edit this you swell guy! [here you go, Raw :P - trewqh]
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:02 am

Trewqh you might have forgotten you are an admin, due to the fact that you supposedly work on our WOK FAQ and Encyclopedia.... hmmm ?

The status as admin now spans over the entire domain, watch out for that.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:07 pm

That explains it.

Yay, such responsibility. :P

trewqh

Raw
Commander
Commander

Post by Raw » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:34 pm

Raw wrote:
trewqh wrote:

trewqh
edit this you swell guy! [here you go, Raw :P - trewqh]
Nice one!

-Raw
It's not fast unless its got a fart can.