WOK SP X-games ideas

News, discussions and gossip around WOK SPECIES.

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

gm_al
Creator
Creator

WOK SP X-games ideas

Post by gm_al » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:36 am

The WOK SP train gains some steam now.... we have a first raw editor that GMs can use, allowing us to manually place players and edit the square characteristics a bit.

This has shown me the potential the game has for X-games. Lets hear your ideas on this - imagine things like "100 plants to start with" or "50% water squares" etc.

Fire off !

Mullog
Veteran
Veteran
Location: Aalesund, Norway (freezing!). Member of the Vulkings

Post by Mullog » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:05 am

How about a game without plants? Carnivores only! :twisted:

Or a big map with lots of tiny islands and between them water squares with no plants. If all species started with lots of legs and the swim skill that could be an interesting one...
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:50 pm

SP X-games??

Isnt that a bit premature?!?!

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:09 am

Not really. Too soon to be running any species X-Games, certainly. But the GM will have much less control over a game of Species than over WoK 4 or 5. Anything which is going to be changed manually needs to have a tool added to the GM page to allow that change to be made easily, so suggestions would be handy in order to prevent constant updates further down the line everytime a GM comes up with a fun idea.

So what sort of things would players like to see? We already came up with custom made maps and advanced start for the critters. We now have the option to set the starting position for each player, but I'm sure there are lots of other idea out there and it's good to get them all down now, before Rune escapes from his cell...

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:16 am

Well, I guess if we're goin for changeability we should think of the simple things. Legs, arms, BS, BP should be able to be set at the get go.

When species reaches 200 specimen it occupies 2 squares... 300 = 3 squares, etc. . Come to think of it, that sounds like a good idea as is. Maybe we should look at that being in the game.

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

phred
Recruit
Recruit

Post by phred » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:46 am

Donut wrote:Well, I guess if we're goin for changeability we should think of the simple things.
Here I am. Ready to play!