EVERGLADES JUST BANTER

News, discussions and gossip around WOK SPECIES.

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

EVERGLADES JUST BANTER

Post by Hannibal » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:08 pm

Aha! Someone else has joined me, a second omnivore!

I ate all but 2 of those black rats before they escaped. Now I'm roaming again.........Probably bump into that other carnivore.......

OK, I'm in square....$(*%$£"!$^%&&*()()*&^^..., sorry, interference on the line.
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:15 pm

Mmmmmmmm, ants! A change from rat.

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:39 pm

Elusive, those little ants....didn't taste nice anyway, the few I ate.

Mmmm, turtle-meat! Much tastier! I realise that these species will bite/eat me later, but this is much more FUN!

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:49 pm

Hey Hannibal...come to A1 and have a bite of Jaguar...Korexus' Jaguar. :p
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:00 pm

:shock:

Whew! Lucky I had the adapt order on! I look at my computer and notice that I am now a yellow ant, not black. Then I see why. The yellow monkey known as Hannibal was trying to eat me! I automatically changed to his color. Cool. This didn't happen in the last game, though. What determines if or when I change color automatically? Anyone?
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:14 pm

do you have to have turns bank to do so???

Hamster
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Hamster » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:20 pm

As you said, Egbert, adapt is what makes you change the color.

I supose banked turns only makes this happen faster.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary numbers and those who don't.

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:01 pm

Egbert wrote::shock:

Whew! Lucky I had the adapt order on! I look at my computer and notice that I am now a yellow ant, not black. Then I see why. The yellow monkey known as Hannibal was trying to eat me! I automatically changed to his color. Cool. This didn't happen in the last game, though. What determines if or when I change color automatically? Anyone?

When you use ADAPT, does it still use your queued orders? I'm guessing no, otherwise what is CONTINUE ORDERS for?
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:00 pm

Egbert wrote::shock:

What determines if or when I change color automatically? Anyone?
I think it only applies if your player name happens to start with E followed by G. Like those sub-routines you got Al to build in for WOK5........ :D

(only having fun).

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:03 pm

Saladin wrote:Hey Hannibal...come to A1 and have a bite of Jaguar...Korexus' Jaguar. :p
OK, anything foir a fun fight. I'm on my way up. :D

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:04 pm

Er.......down.

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:09 pm

Oh dear, Sal. Just because I sent you flapping back into the water in a panic you thought you'd try sending Hannibal in...

Or is it a cunning trap so when he's weakened from fighting me, you can jump in and finish us both? Hmm. I think it might be...

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:10 pm

Er...Korexus, see you and Sally in A6?

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:12 pm

"Weakened"?? You hope!

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:14 pm

Hey, Kor, where's Sal? Let's meet there and discuss dietary options.......

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:16 pm

Sal's in A10. But it's water so I can't go there. There's water betwen me and A6 too so I guess we'll have postpone the dinner date until after I buy swim. Oh well...

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:53 pm

Kor is in A1 eh? Meat's back on the menu, boys!!!
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:55 pm

Er
Last edited by Hannibal on Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:57 pm

Turtle's off the menu. We've run out........

YAY, a kill, an actual kill, the first RIP!! Now I can starve happy........

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:17 pm

Aye, the problem with Omnivore is that killing another species doesn't give you a whole lot of saturation. If/when you get carnivore though, saturation for eating other species skyrockets, from what I understand. That's my eventual goal, to see if becoming a carnivore is at all feasible given movement costs and such; I certainly need a lot more legs before that though. 8)
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."