Who wants to see more?

News, discussions and gossip around WOK SPECIES.

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

If another species eats something while you're in the square, should it be added to your turn summary?

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes: 18

korexus

Who wants to see more?

Post by korexus » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:57 pm

The dev team just had a brief [s]argument[/s] discussion in the chat room but we couldn't come to a clear conclusion, so we thought we'd ask you guys what you wanted.

Currently you are notified on your turn summary whenever a player enters or leaves the square you occupy. The question is, would you like this to be extended to adding a notice every turn a player eats something in your square. For each turn in which another player hunts, you would get a line added to your summary saying which player(s) had hunted what and how much they had caught.

The advantage of this is that you would be able to see who had grabbed your food, the disadvantage is that the summary could get quite crowded. Espeacially if there are several species in one square.

Cast your votes now and influence WoK Species history!

korexus.

PS, please post any reasonings you can think of below too...
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:25 pm

I think it should remain as it is. If you have half a brain you should be able to figure it out anyway. While Al and I were sharing a square we both knew when the other was hunting. as a matter of fact he kept yelling at me to leave HIS food alone. If he could figure it out, I think anyone should be able to.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:52 pm

I think we also talked about being able to see what a player on your square does for the turn. I think that that would be cool and reasonable, assumine we don't have to mutate eyes that is.

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:53 pm

Seeing who ate my food would allow me to hunt the guy down, even if I ddint log in for a day... so Im fully supporting it !

There cant be too much information, really....

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:09 pm

I agree with Al, plus if two players hunt each other it would be nice to know. :D
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Strider
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Strider » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:28 pm

I think it's a good idea to be able to see if they hunt. They are, after all, sharing the square with you so it would make sense that you have some idea on what they are doing. You don't even have to include how much they caught, just that they're eating something.
Never laugh at live dragons...

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:04 pm

I support it as well. Hannibal moved his sorry @ss into my square and suddenly my plant total dropped to zero, and I hadn't been hunting that heavily. I guess all he did was hunt to be able to take all that plant- either that or it all vanished into a mysterious bug vortex. I would have liked to know which it was, if only for informational purposes.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Goat Herder
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Goat Herder » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:22 pm

I don't think we should see if they spy or buy skills or skill points, but as they enter the square or hunt, then I think it'd be good to see what's going on. I don't necessarily think we need to know how many plants they ate, just that they hunted them.
Live long and prosper ---- but don't let the Taxation Department know.

ThinKing

Post by ThinKing » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:32 pm

If we are ONLY told that they are hunting, OK.

But if I go to someones square and buy fertility, they should NOT be told.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:54 pm

No, its just about hunting, and imho we NEED that in order to know who ate our last yummy plants....

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:57 pm

Agreed the info should be limited to whether or not they are hunting in your square. That would be obvious. If they were, erm, "buying" fertility then I'd imagine they'd find someplace more private to do it. :lol:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:57 am

Yep, Dameon, it was me. You seemed to be just pecking at your food as if it was yours alone, so I wolfed (wildcatted?) it down and drifted on south.....

I think you SHOULD be told. Basically it just saves you scrollingb and subtracting to see whether any plants are going down faster than your own feeding-rate....
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:03 am

Eitherthat or I used that Agent Orange option that Mull told me about........Orange Wildcasts?

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Mullog
Veteran
Veteran
Location: Aalesund, Norway (freezing!). Member of the Vulkings

Post by Mullog » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:34 am

Ok. I added a log text that says something like:
#1 Mullog's Yellow Rats hunts for #12 Hannibal's Blue One-Armed Bananas!

Satisfied?

Mullog
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:36 am

Ah, but rats are colour-blind. You'll be eating the wrong bananas! (I've ordered them to put their one arm behind their backs, as a asubtle disguise. The only problem is that they said "What's a 'back'?".