°° AMAZONAS (beta jungle) °° Bugs and suggestions

News, discussions and gossip around WOK SPECIES.

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:55 am

I find it a bit strange that when you become body size 4 you cannot eat grey plants (bodysize 3 plants) any more...that makes the whole feeding process very difficult indeed. :S
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:03 am

This is either a bug or should be explained better:

I attacked another species (grey).

My incompatible food is: Red species, Red plants, green plants, grey plants

Then i got this message: "You hunted for , but you cannot eat GREY food!"

It only says i can't eat red species, not grey species!
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:26 am

Found a new bug:

Code: Select all

You buy 1 skill point, but you have already reached the max of 200
Performing default order: Both skill points and banked turns at max! No order to perform!
So i lost the order...but the problem is that my banked turns was nowhere near maxed out!

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:58 pm

Well i got the indiference skill and attacked Allister to test it but when he changed colour i got the following message:

Code: Select all

You hunted for , but you cannot eat GREEN food!
Which is weird because Alister was red before and red is also part of my incompatible food.

GoatHerder
Recruit
Recruit

Post by GoatHerder » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:28 am

Possible bug:

I got eaten in the Everglades game. When I got the message uinviting me to restart, the link wouldn't work.

Here are the messages:

1st message:

Your species is extinct!
Luckily you can continiue the game as a new species.
Click here to start a new species in a random location

When I clicked, here was the reply:
http://www.kaomaris.com/woksp/restart.p ... tSpecies=1
This is not your species!

Rune/Al? Are you aware of any problems?

A suggestion:
I think it would be a good idea to allow non-players to view an outline of the game details, probably the game summary bit and the HiScore List. A summary of the major events would be handy too (such as XXXX killed off Goat Herder's mob of yellow goats, or YYYY died of starvation).

It would be handy for player who have been killed off and are thinking of restarting, and also for visitors or potential players that may be thinking about joining the game.

What do you think?

Mullog
Veteran
Veteran
Location: Aalesund, Norway (freezing!). Member of the Vulkings

Post by Mullog » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:23 pm

Hi and thanks for the bug posts! These are excactly the reason I wanted to keep running the game. :)
I am not aware of any problems with the restarting of species, but I will look into the problem. Are you able to create a new species?

We have just started to look at the next version of WOK Species now. Please post any suggestions you have on the boards!
I think we will do the updates in two steps. First we will add some features and fix some bugs. This will become version 0.8. While we are testing this version, we still start working on version 0.9. This will be a major rewrite of the game engine that will make the game less demanding on the server while the code will become easier to maintain. :)

Mullog
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

GoatHerder
Recruit
Recruit

Post by GoatHerder » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:27 am

[quote="Mullog"]I am not aware of any problems with the restarting of species, but I will look into the problem. Are you able to create a new species?[/quote]
I restarted using my work PC rather tthan home PC. I will send you the details separately.

I couldn't create a new species. It said something about my login or species "already existing".

Goat Herder

GoatHerder
Recruit
Recruit

Post by GoatHerder » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:39 am

BTW - who killed my species off - and what reaction did you get from my animals in the first few attacks? My behaviour was set to React.

Goat herder

Saladin

Indiference

Post by Saladin » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:33 am

I'm confused now. I bought the skill indiference but i'm clueless to what it's supposed to do. :( I think it's broken...UD must have gotten to it before i did. :roll:

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:23 am

Development on WOK SP is back on track now. Considering that there are many people on each side involved and that the engine needs a sharp trim to make it work for mobiles we might be in for some longer testings.

Right now we stick to do the bugfixings, improve gameplay and re-write large parts of the code. Please bare with us, we look forward to have you all in our next beta.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:31 am

A little suggestion.

Could the events page be split up in to parts. Something like 500 events per page or so...think the loading time might tick some people off. :)