°° AMAZONAS (beta jungle) °° Things I found out

News, discussions and gossip around WOK SPECIES.

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

gm_al
Creator
Creator

°° AMAZONAS (beta jungle) °° Things I found out

Post by gm_al » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:00 am

Please post here if you think you have found out how something in WOK SP's beta jungle, AMAZONAS, works. Feel free to comment if you like what you discovered, but dont expect us to make life easy for you. :P
Last edited by gm_al on Mon May 17, 2004 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:14 pm

OK, to start that ball rolling.......

Maybe very obvious to some, but shedding a bit of light for others....Just from the orders page, there seem to be 2 "currencies" in SP: "Turns" can be used to do actions, or buy such things as instinct, fertility or Skill Ponts. Then "Skill Points" can be used to buy skills, such as swimming etc., or to allow mutation, including Brain Power, which, perhaps among other things, seems to allow you to queue more orders and bank more turns.......so that you can leave it longer before having to be online again!
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:48 pm

Very good, Han.... very good indeed.

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:20 am

Muck Fe I'm drunk, I just entere d a lot of orders there and they include "do you want to use banked order" thingy, jyst windering do these only happen when the first turn is run

Strider
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Strider » Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:43 am

:stupid:

Twice in one day. Yikes.
Never laugh at live dragons...

Strider
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Strider » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:51 am

More things I've found out (with help, esp from Donut):

--You can't eat anything bigger than your body size. I killed some size 3 plants, but it didn't help my sat lvl at all. However, I still stripped the square of some of the plants, so you can still use this as a tactic to keep food from others.

--Instinct affects the number of times you can hunt something in a turn. For example, if you have 96% instinct and hunt some plants, your species will try to catch the plants 96 times.

--You lose 1% instinct per step (4 turns). You can gain instinct and lose instinct from spy attacks.

--Your attack and defensive points go up if you're on preferred terrain. I'm sure tons of other things affect this, too.

--The two turn spy attack only works if you're in the same square as the person you're trying to spy (at least when you're just a small, legless, small brain, no arm species).

--You can't attack anyone in the beginning. I don't know if it's due to being herbivorous or to having no arms or anything else, though.

--It seems you start out on your prefered terrain. I only know that wolves like tundra, jaguars like forests and spiders like deserts (I think). I'm pretty sure you start with a size 1 plant in your square, too.

--The amount you consume is equal to the number of specimens you have divided by 2 (at least if body size =1). I'm pretty sure this consumption rate gets higher if body size increases since large plants (I've seen up to size = 3 so far) have higher nutritional value for the same amount of lower size class plants.

--It's hard to be a green penguin in the jungle. :P

That's all I got so far. Anyone figure out "adapt" yet?
Never laugh at live dragons...

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:41 am

*applauds Strider*

Well done, well done....

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:15 am

Spy seems pretty useless, so far......hoping brain power will help that

Lowebb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lowebb » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:09 pm

When you go to do something that takes a couple of turn it come up as "spy (0/2)" When you got to move it come up (0/??) which suggests moving will be easier when you increase skill and stuff

Xarfei
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Xarfei » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:42 pm

also you can queue several movement orders, e.g. move west twice. Since for some of those movements you won't know in which terrain you will be moving (since you haven't uncovered that part of the map), the order queue can't show the number of turn required or it would give away information about the terrain in advance.

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:53 pm

Also, the cost of moving seems to vary between north, south,east and west, and vary over time between them.......

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:47 pm

A hint to you Hannibal: TERRAIN.... :roll:

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:47 pm

Hey, I'm starting to understand this game. :) For all you WOK4 players out there, you're playing a distorted version of WOK5! :D

Terrain changing your attack and defense values (species being like WOK5's troop types).

"Saturation" is "corn supply." "Hunting" is "harvesting."

"Instinct" is "EFF."

On the WOK4 front, "Skill points" appear to be "Tech points," which allows you to "buy" arms, legs, etc.

I like the game so far, especially the "real time" aspect. For all you WOK4 players who like this game, though, you should try WOK5. :wink:
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:26 pm

I have an arm! [shadow=orange]I HAVE AN ARM!!![/shadow]
They can happen to you,

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:10 pm

Now what good is one arm? Well i can think of thing, but let's not get in to that. :roll:

So Eg how did that new arm affect your deff and patt?
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:14 pm

My defense stayed the same, but my attack went from 0-16 to 1-18.

How do you peel a banana with 1 hand?
They can happen to you,

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:19 pm

You just squeeze it, Eg - first soft, and then a little harder.... :lol:

Hannibal
Commander
Commander

Post by Hannibal » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:19 am

I didn't know there were bananas that HAD one hand......still, in this game......watch out for the one-armed blue bananas, I guess.....

Goat Herder
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Goat Herder » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:55 am

Hey-Morodin turn black on me. Bl*%$y chicken!

115 You cannot hunt a species that is the same color as you are!
Performing default order: You buy 1 skill point. Your species now has 7 skill points.

114 Hunting for #27 Moridin´s Green Crocodile. PAtt from 1 to 11, PDef from 0 to 16. Hunt limit: 24 specimens.
You hunted 85 times and caught 24 specimens of size 1, increasing saturation by 24. Your saturation is now 1187. There are 106 specimens left after your attack.

Moridin, how did you change colour. Is this because your Adapt or React button was ticked (to cause you to change automatically), or did you actually submit a move to Change Color (which assumes you were online and saw my first attack on you and decided to swap to my colour).

...and whatever you did, did it cost much?

Another observation - you get to catch a lot less of another player's animals compared to when you eat the plants, so you get a lot less gain in saturation. I think I'll stick to vegetarian diet.
Live long and prosper ---- but don't let the Taxation Department know.