Kaomaris in SWG

Everything non-WOK related should go in here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Kaomaris in SWG

Post by gm_al » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:49 am

Im happy to report that the world of Star Wars Galaxies (SWG) is now inhabited by the cititzens of the newly created town outpost KAOMARIS.

After a hard week of work getting my own imperial guild (<SMURF>) together, we decided that the we wanted to run our own player city as well. This however meant an enormous effort:
* finding a good spot (almost all were taken, sometimes the spot was good but the space just too small to support a larger colony)
* being allowed to build the city (we tried on Naboo - but the cap of 20 Player cities was already reached, so we moved to the small moon of Naboo, RORI)
* placing the houses (different styles have different needs regarding space, none is allowed to build further then 150m away from city hall to start a city)
* logisitic problems (finding a member with "Politician" skills to start the city, 15+ members moving their houses and full inventory to a small location in the "wild", new members getting a free house and a vehicle on time etc.)
* timing problems (once you set the city hall there is no way back - you only have 24 hours to get 10 people to build nearby and declare residency, otherwise the city hall gets destroyed)
* funding problems (public structures are large cash eaters, so our building division got a few heavy tasks until we can collect taxes)

.... but we made it. KAOMARIS is now a living and rapidly growing city withtin SWG :P
14 declared residents within 24 hours, more coming. As soon as we hit 20 we will open up our own cantina and shuttleport hopefully. Rori is a planet under rebel command, time for a change.... 8)

Of course we hope that this will help the player exchange between our two gaming communities. If anyone from WOK looks to join me and Rune in SWG come to the AHAZI server and send a /tell or email to either Rune (Zogzog) or me (Dark'Monk). Free house and beer on us. :P

PS: screenshots to follow

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:58 pm

once i get a new computer i'll give it whirl
God of WOK

TBert
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TBert » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:13 am

I have a well-established Rebel character on Valcyn that I haven't played in a long time. Maybe it's time for a fresh, new, imperial start.
pro libertate eos occubuisse - "they died for liberty"

Clan Head - Valn Ohtar

SGT - US Army

23-year-old father of 3 - really needs a beer

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:32 pm

Yeah, thats the spirit guys !

I believe Chris has also an urging need to finish his exams and get that new laptop.... just log into Ahazi server and send a /tell or email to one of us there.

16 residents and counting....

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:41 pm

I certainly want to get exams out of the way. And a new laptop is definitely in order too.

Whether I'll join SWG after that is less clear. However I see several months ahead of me with nothing but drink and women. Maybe I'll get bored and sign up at some point! :P

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:10 pm

Here is the promised screenshot: Dark'Monk with his new Rancor pet in front of Kaomaris City.... ahhhh, romantic 8)

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Mon May 24, 2004 9:38 am

Kaomaris city is doing fine - 42 citizens (all guild members too) and growing in a healthy way.

And the name "Kaomaris" already sticks.... guess who I met online:

!! GM SCOTT !!

All old WOKers will remember him. He was one of the very first GMs in WOK. Funny thing is that his guild sent him to check out our growing city and somehow the name rang a bell.... :P

I hope he will post in here too. I talked to him a few minutes and its good to see those old faces again.

PS: the price for SWG has dropped to around $25, including a month of online trial. It has never been so easy to join....