Massive Assault

Everything non-WOK related should go in here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Brykovian

Massive Assault

Post by Brykovian » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:49 pm

Anyone else check this game out yet? http://www.massiveassault.com

I just downloaded the demo and messed around with it a little bit yesterday -- but it's looking quite good. It's essentially a "prettied-up" hex-map turn-based tactical wargame with a few strategic layers added on. Plays quite well, and looks even better.

I think I might try to find it on a storeshelf today at lunchtime ... :) ... I don't spend much money on computer games any more these days -- but I think these guys have created a game right up my alley.

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:20 pm

Also, I would like to point out to the "Dameons" among us that there is nothing random in the game -- everything is deterministic. Units have predescribed hit points and attack ranges/strength. If a victim is within range of a unit that can do 2 damage, the victim will lose 2 hit points.

Also ... I wasn't able to find it on the shelves of the store I checked out at lunch ... so I bought Audio Slave's CD instead. (Had to use up that gift card!!) Think I'll buy it from their website soon.

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:53 pm

I dowloaded the demo but didn't get a chance to check it out yet.

But I will, it looks good.

trewqh
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:41 am

Audio Slave?

You know you are old when you have lost track of current band names :cry:

I'm still walking around mumbling "Alright stop, collaberate and listen. Ice is back with a brand new invention......"
First one here, last one to leave.

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:34 am

Duke wrote:Audio Slave?
Does Rage Against The Machine or Soungarden ring a bell, Duke?

Just curious...

trewqh
trewqh

trewqh

Re: Massive Assault

Post by trewqh » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:28 pm

Brykovian wrote:Anyone else check this game out yet? http://www.massiveassault.com

I just downloaded the demo and messed around with it a little bit yesterday -- but it's looking quite good. It's essentially a "prettied-up" hex-map turn-based tactical wargame with a few strategic layers added on. Plays quite well, and looks even better.

I think I might try to find it on a storeshelf today at lunchtime ... :) ... I don't spend much money on computer games any more these days -- but I think these guys have created a game right up my alley.
I have just finished playing the demo. Indeed, it's amusing but after finishing training missions and scenarios I didn't have the willingness to go for World War. That one might be too exhausting.

I wonder why they didn't allow custom units. That would add greatly to the tactics possibilities in my opinion.

trewqh
trewqh

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:49 am

Hey, look at that, I'm my own player stereotype. Anyway Bryk you know that I was a fan of your one game that I played and I imagine that anything you like would probably be mostly strategic in nature. The last computer strat game I bought was Rise oF Nations, but I'm due to get another soon I imagine- let me know how it is once you've had a chance to play it eh? :lol:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."