SWG - anyone ?

Everything non-WOK related should go in here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

gm_al
Creator
Creator

SWG - anyone ?

Post by gm_al » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:48 pm

Is anyone in here playing SWG - Star Wars Galaxies ?

I got my copy for XMas and I joined it yesterday. Ive read many reviews and guides before getting my hands on it - about half said 'it suxx' and the other half said 'it roxx'.

After a few hours into it I lean more towards 'it roxx'. Its really MASSIVE and while I understand the missions are quite repetitive early on I must say that the overall Star Wars feeling is there. Impressive graphics, unbelievable interaction and so many things to explore and do - its really great.

They fixed many of the nasty bugs by now as far as I can tell, and since they introduced mounting of tamed animals and player cities it seems they are heading in the right direction.

Guess I will not catch much sleep over XMas....

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:51 pm

I got heavily absorbed into Dark Age of Camelot, an awesome MMORPG last year, and for about six months that is all I played in my spare time. Those types of games can be so incredibly addictive and immersive- I don't have the time to participate in one with my current job but I imagine if I ever found myself with lots of free time again as I did last year I'd get sucked right into one. I lean much more heavily towards fantasy-themed ones than science fiction, but they can all be loads of fun. 8)
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Strider
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Strider » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:42 am

After EQ, I can't get into those games anymore. They are fun, but they are a huge time sink. I got too much on my plate anyway.

Have a blast, though. It's definitely some of the most fun I ever had while gaming.
Never laugh at live dragons...