Kings of Chaos

Everything non-WOK related should go in here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Kings of Chaos

Post by Validon » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:58 pm

Kings of Chaos is a fun little game if anyone wants to join. Go to the link below and you will help my army grow. You can also join my ranks as an officer and start your army. Another WoK clan in another game? This game is free and takes very little time to play. You can click on my link everyday and add one man to my army. If you join then you can post your own personal link so others can help your army to grow as well.

My link is:

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=t6e4g8e5

korexus

Post by korexus » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:50 pm

"Takes very little time to play." Heh, that's a good one...

Wait till you have more troops, you'll find yourself loging in every chance you get to spend your money. And always trying to use other people's computers to get extra recruitment clicks.

Still, it is fun and it doesn't really hurt your stats if you leave it for a week or so, unlike WoK where that will kill you off in any games you happen to be in. Age 1 is also a huge improvement on Age 0...

If anyone's bothered, here's my link. I'm ranked about 60,000 places above Validon. :P Although I don't think that makes much difference any more and I'm sure he'll start catching up pretty soon anyway.

I was supposed to be giving this up!

korexus.

Da link. http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=43k3q49k
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:07 am

Good call Validon,

I've been playing for about 2 weeks now and as a result am doing pretty good...hopefully nobody's 60,000 ranks above me...oh wait, they can't be :0

Here's my link:

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=c3gxy9hf

Thanks to anyone who clicks it. It really doesn't take that much time to play, not yet at least.

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:13 am

Nope, only 40,000 above you. Man I must have waaay too much free time...

~k.

Moridin
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Moridin » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:21 pm

Ok so I joined this and I got my one measly defense soldier with a long bow :P How on earth do you get more untrained soldiers?
"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:43 pm

Click on your link every day. Get other people to click on your link. But more importantly upgrade the "Unit production" on the training screen. Whatever that number is will be added to your troops every day. DOn't go for mercs, they're just nor worth it.

korexus.

Moridin
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Moridin » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:13 pm

korexus wrote:Click on your link every day. Get other people to click on your link. But more importantly upgrade the "Unit production" on the training screen. Whatever that number is will be added to your troops every day. DOn't go for mercs, they're just nor worth it.
Ahh, thanks, worked like a charm :D

Here's my link: http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=5zrbc6m7

Thanks in advance to anyone who clicks on it :unclesam:

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:09 pm

*grumbles*

Mmmhh... Ill give it a shot:

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=f4636adv

Im good at recruiting after all.... :wink:

Please post a list of hints for us newbies ! (How to make money, when to attack etc.)

Moridin
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Moridin » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:28 pm

Well... here's what I've been able to gather from reading their boards. There are two ways to get money, through your recruited soldiers and by pillaging other players.

Each soldier in your army pays you 50 gold a turn(30 minutes), and humans get a 25% bonus to that. 8)

Successfuly attacking another player gets you some of their gold based on a formula of their strength compared to yours, the amount of gold and armory items they have, and how many turns you attack them for.

You can sell armory items back at about 75% of the original price if they are not in disrepair, this is the closest thing to a bank the game has as holding money is just asking to get pillaged. I don't believe fortifications, or upgrades to spying or unit production can be worn down or lost which also makes them good investments. Mercs can be bought for your army, but they will not give you gold each turn.

The best bet to make money quick is to increase your army size through recruiting and buying unit production upgrades. Unit production creates a soldier per day for you and each upgrade increases that number. You can click on a player's recruitment link once every 24 hours, this adds a soldier to their army. To be successful you must go past the screen which asks you to enter the displayed number. You can click your own link as well, so make sure you do. We should organize all the players' links here in a topic so we can each click on each other's links every day :wink:

Aside from that, I know nothing of combat so I'll leave someone else to fill in the blanks. This is what happens when I get the day off and can't find anything productive to do... :computer:

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:12 am

OK I went down the line this morning and hit everyones link.
Now I expect to come home to night to a HUGE army since everyone will have clicked on my link in return, Right?

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=2cbvr7mh
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:00 pm

OK, I just hit everyones link. Hope all of your armies continue to grow.
As to combat: When you clidk on Attack the screen will show you a list of people who are ranked the same as you. Pick one, preferably with lots of money, and click on him. The next screen brings him up again and you can choose to spy or attack. In the early stage spying isn't all that necessary but as you move up in the ranks make sure you pick up some spies and up your level in spying. When you attack you can use 1 to 15 turns. I recommend always using 15. You get more money this way. The money you win can be used to buy more weapons armor or upgrades.
Hope that helps.

Moridin
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Moridin » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:34 pm

Clicking away...

Something to note, since I just screwed myself with it :oops:
If you train a soldier as a spy he no longer produces income for you since he isn't a fighting troop.

Also, here are some covert action numbers:

Number of spies needed to become immune to sabotage:
Level 10 101 Spies
Level 9 202 Spies
Level 8 404 Spies
Level 7 808 Spies
Level 6 1,616 Spies
Level 5 3,232 Spies
Level 4 6,464 Spies
Level 3 12,928 Spies
Level 2 25,856 Spies
Level 1 51,712 Spies

The amount of damage a spy can do in a sabotage attempt:

Level Normal Elves
0 3 3.75
1 6 7.5
2 12 15
3 24 30
4 48 60
5 96 120
6 192 240
7 384 480
8 768 960
9 1536 1920
10 3072 3840

If you use more spies than necessary, you may get caught so calculate wisely.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:29 pm

Ive added a sticky post that will collect all links for KOC.

Make sure to use it daily. Thanx everyone for the valuable hints !

korexus

Post by korexus » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:35 pm

Other things to note:

Every time your underlings get an extra troop, you get half an extra troop. So, building downlines is a great way to get extra people. It also means that it's directly beneficial to you to click on your officers' links.

The numbers Validon gave for spy immunity are (I believe) for elves. As they get a 25% bonus every one else needs more than that. (It's probably good to anyway, it helps the rankings and means that you can actually afford to send spies out occasionally.

Finally for now. When attacking people, it seems best to go for someone a few pages behind you. - You get a better chance of actually beating them. If you go for someone too much weaker than you though you get stuffall gold so you need to feel out a bit of a balance. I generally go for someone about double my rank. But for all you little guys it probably doesn't have to be so extreme. :P

korexus.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:38 am

Why when I signed up didn't it put me as Funty's officer? I signed up from his link and it didn't gvie me anything about a REF #. Also, si there a way to make him my commander now that I've started?

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Moridin
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Moridin » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:41 pm

After clicking Funtastick's link, did you click "Join the war" after you selected the number the game displayed? That's how you sign up under someone. Unfortunately, there's no way to become someone's officer without deleting your account and starting over again.

Does anyone know if you can buy an untrained mercenary and make him a spy?

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:04 am

Last time I checked, you couldn't train Mercs at all.

The only thing mercs are good for is getting killed off. (When your force takes casualties it's the mercenries that die first. Meaning your income stays about the same. But once you get a decent sized troop basethey just feel less and less viable really. Spend your money on weapons instead!)

korexus

Moridin
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Moridin » Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:12 pm

korexus wrote:The numbers Validon gave for spy immunity are (I believe) for elves. As they get a 25% bonus every one else needs more than that. (It's probably good to anyway, it helps the rankings and means that you can actually afford to send spies out occasionally.
Korexus was right about that, so the actual numbers for sabotage immunity will be 25% higher than the ones I posted previously.

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:37 pm

YEA!!! I made it into the top 100,000 in less than a week.
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:23 am

98,909 - Since Tuesday :P

Donut

P.S. All clicks are much appreciated
The scars remind us that the past is real.