Matrix Revolutions

Everything non-WOK related should go in here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Matrix Revolutions

Post by Donut » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:40 am

It's now 1:30ish in the morning and I just got back from The Matrix: Revolutions. Movie critics can kiss my hairy ............(fill in the blank). This was NOT a dissappointment; NOT boring; NOT a shame to the series. It was a great ending to one of the greatest Trilogies EVER. Just as action packed, and still a story with neverending twists and turns.

I reason I think that many people don't like this movie is that it went from a trendy "Float around in the air and hit people" action movie and actually developed a GREAT story. Some people just don't like to think.... check that, 'round here, few people like to think. It's a great movie, GO SEE IT SOON. :worship:

Donut
P.S. Ultrascreen RULES!!!
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:00 pm

Well i hope it's better than part two because after having seen a fighting scene it gets quite boring seeing it 10 more times each time a little longer. :(

Anyway...i'm waiting for Return of the King. :D got my tickets for the marathon session and it will be the best day of the year! :D
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:04 pm

Revolutions got horrible reviews. That by itself isn't enough to stop me from seeing it, but the fact that Reloaded was such an utter pile of dogcrap certainly is. The first Matrix was phenomenal, the second was awful, and from the reviews of both critics and friends of mine who have seen it the third one sounds like it had the same problems as the second one- i.e., no plot or character development, all fight scenes over....and over...and over....maybe as you say Donut that has changed, but the series wasted my money with the second movie, so I won't pay to see that last one, that is for sure.

Anyway like Sal I'm waiting for the last LOtR movie. The first one was great and the second one was even better, so I am very much looking forward to the third one. On a similar note, Attack of the Clones was much better than Phantom Menace so I'm going to see the third SW movie when it comes out too- as for the Matrix, well, I'm not giving into the marketing machine. I'll wait till it comes out on DVD and then go see it at a friends house. 8)
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

TBert
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TBert » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:54 am

I was one of the many in the audience that went "oooo" when the ROTK preview came on.

I thought Matrix : Revolutions whooped butt as a CGI-heavy sci-fi movie, but it didn't do too well with the martial arts or philosophical stuff. And that's what mostly attracted people in the first place.

And BTW...hi! I'm back.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:16 am

TBert???

Digs deep in his memory...WELCOME BACK CLAN MATE! :D
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:35 am

Wot ? The inventor of the 'sleeping giant' tactic himself is back ?? (I hope my memory doesnt fail me on this, but if I remember right TBert got criticised heavily for sleeping something like 15 Turns in a WOK4 game once.)

Welcome back ! :P

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:19 pm

Naah, actually I'm pretty sure that King Tater was the one to invent the much discussed strategy.
*shudders at the realization of the Creator not being infallible.* :anxious:

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:00 pm

Yeah it was Tater in one of my games- and he still got his but whooped at the end. By Bjorn I think? That's a guess.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

TBert
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TBert » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:23 pm

That's ok Al, not all of us can be 19 years old with near-perfect memories, living in Hawaii and working a 9-5 job in an air-conditioned cave. Did I mention the cubicles on both sides of me are females?

Yeah, it was definitely Tater. However, I DID help orchestrate the massive slaughter of the North way back in Civil War. Remember that Duke? :twisted:

Now the question is, can I handle a WOK5 game or should I play in a wok4 first...

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:20 am

As I recall I had a discussion way back when about that game. I do believe he mentioned that he and "Gone" teamed up on Tater and finally did beat him but he commented that the reason was he screwed up in his distribution of those armies and he and "Gone" got lucky with some missiles. At least if I remember that was the way he described that game.

I will ask him tomorrow if I remember to.

For those of you who do not know our Father died Sunday night and the Funeral is going to be Thursday. I know Egbert delayed his game because of that.
Remember to tell those close to you that you love them every chance you get.

PS- who is this Tbert guy who stuck his nose into this forum?
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:46 pm

You don't know of the Britney Spears imitating TBert, founder of the long gone Sword of Vengeance clan? :)

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:04 pm

Lord Fredo wrote:You don't know of the Britney Spears imitating TBert, founder of the long gone Sword of Vengeance clan? :)
Maybe this will help remind some of you: http://www.mwgames.com/tbert.htm
:D :D :D
-Bryk

Disclaimer: Tbert asked me to assemble this page a while back ... and he never officially asked me to take it down, so ...
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

TBert
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TBert » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:46 am

... ok, so I never asked you to take it down ... but in the interests of my dignity, you could have at least asked my permission before posting it up here again ... *goes off and cries in a corner*

What's great is that I'm now in another of those long-distance relationships, only I actually get to see this girl every few months. And we talk on the phone for somewhere around 1000 minutes each month. I should record some of those conversations, they can get even worse.