LOTR CCG On-Line

Everything non-WOK related should go in here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Yarosund
Trooper
Trooper

LOTR CCG On-Line

Post by Yarosund » Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:14 pm

I now have my Beta tester account for LOTR CCG On Line
I haven't had much chance to play with it, yet.
But, seem to have a problem with cards that I buy.
Don't seem to be able to access them in the Deck Builder.
With luck, I might figure that one out soon.

Al, have you got your Beta test account yet?

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:39 am

Hmmm.... CCG's

I refuse to play any CCG's until George Lucas pulls his head out of his ars and allows Decipher to continue making the original SW:CCG. :evil:

Sorry, lots of pent up anger there. Especially after seeing how bad the friggin WOTC game turned out to be. LOTR does however have one thing going for it; It is also a decipher game.

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Yarosund
Trooper
Trooper

Decipher

Post by Yarosund » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:48 pm

Yep, Decipher card games are pretty good.

They are still struggling to sort themselves out on-line.
LOTR is there big effort to prove they can do it.

I haven't been able to play, yet, but i'm hoping it proves to be good.

A couple of people have told me that the Decipher Star Wars game was cool. Would it be worth buying some old surplus cards to try out?

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:11 pm

A couple of people have told me that the Decipher Star Wars game was cool. Would it be worth buying some old surplus cards to try out?
I guess it just depends on a couple of things:

1. If you buy the cards, will you be able to play anybody (always the biggest problem for me) :evil:

2. If you buy cards, make sure you can get some Reflections 2 & 3 expansions. Otherwise you won't be able to compete with anybody. This was about the only thing I didn't like about SW:CCG. The cards in the expansions after Episode 1 were to strong. Also, it is getting increasingly hard to find cards. Me and my friends bought every friggin card in my home town. While it's not a very large city, I expect it's very rare to find a hobby shop that still has any. :(

3. Realize that the game will no longer expand. Although they are trying to keep it alive with "Virtual Cards" it will no longer have anything new get excited about. :(

Otherwise SW:CCG is by far the best CCG I've ever tried. There are actually numerous ways to defeat your opponent, and a very large variety of decks that can be built. Rather than Green and black or whatever it is in Magic; you can build a deck that allows you to get 6 power 6 stormtroopers at a site(My personal favorite) :lol:

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Yarosund
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Yarosund » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:56 am

I can get a box of surplus Star Wars cards, Commons Box(but usually find the odd uncommon hiding in them) for 10 pound. You get 500-600 cards. Works our pretty cheap. Would common cards include all the neccessary cards to play?

I can force Shakira to play with me (she does what she is told, NOT). Or have another friend, who will play CCG's, when I see him.

I do actually have a few Star Wars cards. They were used as packing material to protect someother cards I bought.