OT: Buying a new computer

Everything non-WOK related should go in here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Duke

OT: Buying a new computer

Post by Duke » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:31 pm

Well those of you who know me understands that the one who is doing the actual buying isnt me.

Tomorrow I will sign (probably) on to become the new star salesman for Nilfisk-Advance. Ahh, new car, new phone and a new laptop.

I got the phone covered. I'll ask them for a Sony Ericsson P800. Cant go wrong with a bad boy like that.

Car will probably be a Chrysler Grand Voyager.

Now, the laptop computer. Any suggestions? Help me out here geeks. :wink: (no Al, no Xbox I dont care if I can play games online with it :wink: )
First one here, last one to leave.

Saladin

Re: OT: Buying a new computer

Post by Saladin » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:07 pm

Duke wrote:Car will probably be a Chrysler Grand Voyager.
Crysler Grand Voyager...superb car! I get to drive one ever Saturday (though sadly it's not mine), fantastic family car!

PS Stop making us jealous Duke! :)
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Funtastick
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Funtastick » Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:14 am

Can I have a car for being such a kick-ass friend? :wink:

Duke

Post by Duke » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:16 pm

Well you can stop being jealous since I probably wont get one :)

Signed the contract today and will be starting on november 1st. Cant pick neither computer or phone, they will both be provided and chosen for me. They will probably still be good.

I do however get to decide on car but I think I will go with a SAAB 9-5 instead since I can sell that for more money after two years. In sweden no one wants a two year old Chrysler so the price drops drastically.

/D.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:38 am

You actually get to keep the car? It's not a lease?

Still envious. :)
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

Duke

Post by Duke » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:17 am

It is a lease for two years then I get to buy it for a low price, sell it for a higher, keep the gain and get a new car. Nice :)

Anyway, while I have been taking care of my 2,5 year old daughter while my wife is nursing the baby I have been experiencing some new things.

Like this kindergarten thing she goes to. It is not really a kindergarden but it is similar and it is usually my wife who takes her there but now I do it. First of all they are singing songs in English (!) She is 2,5 freaking years old and has to learn a second language? She isnt even done with Swedish yet. Anyway, the funny thing is that they are singin "Head and shoulders, knees and toes" and she has a Teletubbies tape in which that song is at. The outcome is that she is singing it at kindergarden with a perfect cockney accent like the kids do on the tape! The other parents are quite amazed by it. I guess she is simply making the exact same sounds and has no clue about what she is singing but still.

Another funny thing is that one of the parents there is the fat guy from Ace of Base. I think his name is Jonas. You older guys here might have heard of them. Small world. And I dont think I have ever seen a childseat in a Ferrari before.

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:43 am

LOL @ the childseat in the Ferarri. :lol:

Anyway, even though I would probably be as surprised as you are to se what you described she is just about to enter her most receptable stage for language learning between roughly 3-10 years of age. Also, learning multiple languages at once is not really a problem as long as the ones being learned are correctly spoken.

Duke

Post by Duke » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:10 am

So basically what you are telling me is that she will speak English with a Cockney/Ukraine accent? (The kindergarden teacher is from the Ukraine and speaks english with a THICK accent)

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:18 am

Well ... I wouldn't go that far. I take it she's not surrounded by english speaking people talking like that all day. Also like I said the language influences should preferably be correctly spoken ones. What I suggested is more applicable for children growing up in bilingual homes.

Duke

Post by Duke » Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:51 pm

So on to a more important question. Libero or Pampers? :wink:

Duke

Post by Duke » Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:57 pm

Oooh, this will be something. Listen:

I just read a mail from my future employer that the office I will be working at will be re-organized. I will be put with two other guys in a new place and we will get a new warehouse etc. This is due to a purchase of some other firm.

Now here is the nice part. That other firms owners car belonged to the company that "we" purchased. They will sell it as soon as the leasecontract on it expaires which it will in February next year. Until then I am allowed to use it as I please. Which model it is? A Porsche 928!!!! A black one!

Cant wait to cruise with that beauty!!!!

Jealous yet Saladin? Do you get to drive cars like that on saturdays too? :wink:

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:31 pm

Grumble...never liked porsche anyway. :cry: