Going LIVE....

Everything non-WOK related should go in here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Going LIVE....

Post by gm_al » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:00 pm

Ever wanted to meet me online, maybe talk to me or QP ?

Those who have been here longer may know I never install things like ICQ, just to keep me away from these annoying 'oh-ohs' and messages... :o

But here is your chance. If you own an X-Box and the X-Box Live package, you can now reach us, and actually talk to us.

XBox Live isnt even yet supported in Austria.... :roll: but then I bought one in Germany and opened my account as 'german' one hehehe - works just fine.

Took me a while though to find out that my second network adapter had to be bridged to the cable adapter and the firewall I run needed re-configuration.... :roll: but now we are ready.

Add 'Kaomaris' (what else, really) to your online buddies and lets meet online for a game of Mech Assault or such.

:wink:

Mr_Piggy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Mr_Piggy » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:44 am

if only I had an X-box...
anyone rich want to buy me one?
Mr Piggy!

Polymorphic
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Polymorphic » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:47 am

Mr_Piggy wrote:if only I had an X-box...
anyone rich want to buy me one?
Me too?

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:54 am

Now with LIVE I must say its really worth it. I own 14 consoles, and Ive also seen the PS2 and even the GC go 'live' - or what they think is 'live....

XBox is by far the most streamlined online console. Ok you need broadband, ok you must register with a credit card and it costs $5 a month - but then you get dedicated servers, voice chat and a user-friendly environment.

Once you tried it its really hard to let it go. :shock:

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:04 am

I think I can get treatment for my wokaholism but I am sorry Al. Your problems are far more complicated and I think you are beyond saving. :wink:
First one here, last one to leave.

Polymorphic
Trooper
Trooper

Post by Polymorphic » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:23 pm

I'm still of the opinion that a PC is the only games console worth using.

After all, an X-Box, with keyboard/mouse combo, monitor (for a decent resolution) and a PCs upgradability is just... a PC.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:23 am

Al, seeing you're such a console freak. Have you tried the new Eye Toy for the PS II yet?

Great fun...especially when you're friends are drunk. :P
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:47 am

I bought Eye Toy a week ahead of release..... :wink:

Great fun, true - but look forward to the follow-up games for it coming this X-Mas !

The thing with it is that its actually a Logitech Webcam - however they refuse to tell me where I can find a driver so I may also use it on my PC.... (they are really stubborn, saying 'its a PS2 exclusive product blablabla....' and keep spamming me with 'excuses') :roll:

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:11 pm

Xbox Live has seen an update yesterday - now you can invite any friends that are online directly to a private voice chat !

Thats great fun, and the voice quality is just superb. Who needs expensive phone calls around the world now ?? :wink: (AT&T has announced plans to invest a few billions to push Voice over IP - at last)

So anyone that has some access to an XBox make sure to invite 'Kaomaris' or my bother-in-law 'MadRic' and we can chat some !

(We are working on that MechAssault Teamplay world ladder.... :twisted: )