halloween

Everything non-WOK related should go in here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

halloween

Post by Dragonette » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:36 pm

Do you like halloween? Do you believe in spirits? Do you get shildren coming to your door? Do people say trick or treat? Do's it annoy you?

if someone says trick or treat say treat please. I dont believe in evil spirits, but some people do, drives me round the bend, buying sweets that rot your teeth.

I know its big in america so no offense to you but don't you find it boring year after year having children coming to your door and saying trick or treat. I find it annoying and so do my friends.

I expect some of you have never heard of it i wish i were you.

d

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:44 pm

I'm with you on this one D. Load of old rubbish. Legalised begging my mum calls it. Thankfully I didn't get home from work till late tonight so all the kiddiewinks were in bed. Or smashing up bus shelters.
Question everything.

TBert
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TBert » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:33 am

I just had two teenage girls come to my door in half-costumes at 8:15 at night. Usually, if someone's front porch light is off, they don't ring your doorbell. Well... they rang ours. Luckily I had some candy to give 'em, but seriously. So I turned the front hall light off... and someone rang at 8:30. So I ignored it.

I do really enjoy the costume party aspect of Halloween. My wife and I have come up with some pretty clever and funny costumes, usually involving a quick and cheap trip to the thrift store instead of buying a pre-made costume.
pro libertate eos occubuisse - "they died for liberty"

Clan Head - Valn Ohtar

SGT - US Army

23-year-old father of 3 - really needs a beer

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:20 am

It's not begging; that would just be going and asking for sweets. This is with a threat, I wonder if that falls under the new anti-terrorism laws? :P

korexus.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Hryllantre
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hryllantre » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:42 am

Trick or Treat...

If someone knocks on my door I just say 'shut the gate on your way out'... The world needs more grumpy blokes like me now clear off and stop reading my post...

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:29 pm

LOL

we have a cleaver got you have to lift it and the handle up.

d

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:35 pm

You'll change your minds. Once you have a 5-to-7 year-old or two, all thrilled and excited, desperate to dress up and go extort sweets door to door in the dark and see all the pumpkin-heads and cobwebs ... you'll think it's great for your kid to enjoy himself so much! Betcha. My Tom is still on a high from it...
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

Dragonette
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragonette » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:54 pm

in 10-20 years time will we dare ourselves to step out of the door, let alown our children with all the knifes, guns fireworks,peados and many other horrible things still to come.

its not the little kids that it is begging it is the teenagers that if you dont you get bricker egged and abused verbaly and phisicaly but is it worth the effort?

d