Strategic Command 2 - Blitzkreig

Everything non-WOK related should go in here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Strategic Command 2 - Blitzkreig

Post by Vortan » Tue May 01, 2007 2:40 pm

Have any of you played this game? Its by Battlefront games and costs $45 to buy. Its a turn based strategy game which supports PBEM and hotseat among its multiplayer options!

It looks pretty good from the Battlefront.com website. They only do 1 RTS game (cant stand RTS) and I never knew these guys existed. Be still my heart I think its luv.

If any of you have tried it what do you think please BEFORE I spend my money.

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Tue May 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Never heard of it but there is a downloadable demo. Will download that when I am home tomorrow night. Looks like my kind of game.
Question everything.

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Sat May 05, 2007 11:12 am

Have you tried this yet Vortan? I have dowenloaded the demo but am away atm so not been able to try it yet.
Question everything.

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Post by Vortan » Sat May 05, 2007 3:07 pm

No - currently only got dial-up connection as my broadband is suffering from serious unreliability issues that neither Orange or BT seem able to cure. As a result I am unable to even think about downloading things due to time it would take. I think I will have to purchase it soon and hope it is as good as it sounds.

It cant be worse than some of the rubbish I have bought in the past. :roll: :oops: Will of course keep you advised.

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Sun May 06, 2007 9:46 pm

Yowzer, manual is 165 pages long. Gonna have to wait till Tuesday and print off at work. Looks pretty good though so far.
Question everything.

Lardmaster
Commander
Commander

Post by Lardmaster » Sat May 12, 2007 3:02 pm

Okies played the demo now and I can say I am distinctly underwhelmed. :? Going to try the combat mission demo.
Question everything.

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Post by Vortan » Sat May 12, 2007 10:50 pm

NEWSFLASH:

I have found another WW2 strategy game called Hearts Of Iron 2 which is pretty dangnabbit impressive with the entire world represented as 2700 regions! You can play any country and I do mean ANY including TIBET and Columbia. Only costs £9.99 at your nearest GAME outlet (Sorry foreigners its a UK firm). Glad I bought it cos' the AI is quite clever and has kicked my Axis butt three times in a week. I will win eventually!